Putting Movie on Acer...help...

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
Ok so I bought an Iconia A500 (obviously) this past week and I'm heading out of town in a few days. Now since I'm going to be riding in a car for several hours I'm trying to put a movie on the tablet. One problem: everytime I try to move the movie file (it's .avi), windows explorer crashes. I realize this might actually instead be a problem with Windows, but I'm curious if anyone on here has any help on how I can get it to work. If I cant find a fix, would I be able to just put the movie on a flash drive and play it from there on the tab?

Any help is appreciated!

leeh007

Jul 15, 2011
How are you moving the file?
Have you putting it on a usb drive?

Have you tried copying the file over your wireless network using File managerHD?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
How are you moving the file?
Have you putting it on a usb drive?

Have you tried copying the file over your wireless network using File managerHD?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum
Tried drag-n-drop, tried cut+past, tried right click-"send to", none of which worked. I'll try doing it wirelessly tomorrow, as well as trying it with the usb i suppose.

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
If I cant find a fix, would I be able to just put the movie on a flash drive and play it from there on the tab?

Any help is appreciated!

Yes, media files can play directly from USB drives. I have a 500GB external hard drive full of music and video, and it works well on the A500. But I prefer to move a movie to the SD card to watch it, just to have fewer things plugged in while traveling.

There are two apps you should check out. One Leeh007 mentioned, File Manager HD, lets you easily move files around, and then find a movie and play it, wherever it's located. Another is MoboPlayer. If your AVI doesn't play in the stock video player it might in MoboPlayer.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Avoid mobo player. It's temperamental at best.
Spend the two bucks for Buzzplayer.

GRadu

Jun 24, 2011
Yes I have problems with explorer crashing when accessing movie files,only on certain computers and directories. As a workaround I use the command (old DOS) copy commands to copy files to the Tablet or SD card.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Android Tablet Forum

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
We've covered this many, many times on this forum...if you look around a bit you'll find some options to approach your problems. You can get a file manager like "File Manager HD" from the market. Then enable sharing (if you have Vista or Win7). Then you can transfer your movie file wirelessly, which just makes it easy. You can also get an app like Wifi File Explorer to do a similar thing. No need to use physical media to transfer movie files to your Acer.

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
Right, the search feature is my friend.
Tried FM HD but it took like 30 minutes to transfer half of the movie, didn't feel like waiting for it to finish so I'm just going to put it on a USB. Once it's on the USB, is it possible for me to move it from the USB to the Tablet's internal storage?

roadster

Jun 24, 2011
How big is the avi ?
Don't forget 4Gb size limit for a fat32 format drive.
I have tried mp4 and wmv formats for HD video and there is not much to choose but neither plays HD video smoothly.