Looping movie trailers on Augen Gentouch?

funkateer

Jan 21, 2011
Hi. Just bought one of these from the Woot offer. I'm completely new to all things Android, and I have a specific question....

I run a small movie theatre, and I was hoping that I could set this thing up in my box office window to run loops of trailers for movies that are either in the theatre or coming soon. The hardware would be the Augen, put in a bracket inside, screen flush against the window, and a wire from the headphone jack running to a speaker mounted outside. That part seems pretty simple.

Since I'm very new to Android apps and software, the question then is, what would be the best way to loop trailers? What software/apps would I need? Am I going to need to do the equivalent of a "jailbreak" on this to get what I need?

Thanks for your help. If there are other threads that have already addressed this, please let me know and I'll head over there...

funkateer

Jan 21, 2011
This is the first day I've been able to play around with it. I tried using the browser to go to Apple.com/trailers. When I clicked on a trailer, it downloaded the .mov file...but I can't seem to play it with anything preloaded.

Decided to try You Tube for trailers -- and in fact I found a pretty good option with youtubeloop.com, which does just what it says -- runs a single You Tube video on a loop. But on both sites using the browser, I get right up to the play option for a video, and I get an error message with the Android logo on it. This happens on both sites. Do I need to get a specific app(s) to be able to play YouTube videos, or to play (and hopefully loop) .mov files?

ETA: Going through the manual, and finding stuff that doesn't match from the book to the unit. It suggests I open the File Browser and open a .apk file on the sd card. When I open File Browser (which has a different name), there's nothing there. Did I get version 2 unit and version 1 manual? My manual has the "table" typo on the front.

Last edited: