[Q][ICS] Need help with recovery install on YourPad P4

EarthBoundX5

Sep 1, 2012
Ok, so I need some assistance on installing CWM or another recovery mode on my YourPad P4. I've already rooted and installed ROM Manager, but it could not find a compatible CWM version.

I've posted this over at XDA with no responses yet... [Q][ICS] Need help with recovery install on YourPad P4 - xda-developers

Now, first off I have also been unable to get an exact or better identification of this tablet other than it being sold as a "YourPad P4" and that it's model is MID; so I might also need help getting more details to better assist the finding of a compatible or working recovery.

Here is some information about it...

* Site purchased from/detail page:
http://www.yourstoreonline.net/yourp...6/product.html
Don't worry, I got it for ~$100 (with the 1GB RAM upgrade), not the displayed price on the site!

* About tablet page info:
Model number: MID
Android version: 4.0.3
Kernel version: 3.0.8
zgm@soft #2
Build number: 20120807-A721

Also, before I start messing with it I was going to make a nandroid backup to share for others...does nandroid backup firmware as well? I've never needed to restore a backup so I have no idea what goes into it and can't find a quick answer. I'd like to make a backup of a clean as possible system to share for anyone wanting it. Although I'm surprised that its not been mentioned on xda, I'd expect this tablet to have at least been asked about once considering it was mentioned on woot.

Thanks to anyone for any help, and I apologize if this should be in a different section. If so, could a mod please move it before any fuss is made.

I should also note that I am unsure if I even have a recovery partition as I cannot cat /proc/mtd

EarthBoundX5

Sep 1, 2012
it's been about a week now and no response, so bumping. If anyone at the very least knows some mystical other worldly site that somehow manages the chance of providing me an answer over the ever amazing xda or here; please post

EDIT: A user on xda recommended I use the clockworkmod located in this thread http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/ivi...-ployer-momo9-firmware-rom-releases-1610.html

EDIT 2: Got everything working, I've gotten no traffic here so I'm not gonna bump an old thread. I'm considering making a dedicated thread, and if so I'll bump and post in to the OP here.

Last edited: