[Q] touchscreen not responding

mrpizzaman2u

Apr 23, 2013
I have a Zeki tb1082b. The touchscreen is not responding. I can use a mouse. Tablet will not enter recovery mode by holding vol- and tapping reset on back. (procedure on Zeki site) I can erase and recover from settings menu. I have done this 2x and still not working. The back of the tablet says TB1082B FID BN. About tablet screen say TB1082 (don't know if this matters) running 4.0.3. The box says that is what it suppose to be running. I have tried using LiveSuit but I can not get it into recovery mode. Step 5 says get it into update mode. I do not know if this is the same thing. There is no damage to the screen or anywhere on the tablet. I tried to update from settings it comes up with an error and says no update available.

Please help.

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing all the things you're trying won't work if the screen has a mechanical or electrical failure, which is what it sounds like.

mrpizzaman2u

Apr 23, 2013
I have a Zeki tb1082b. The touchscreen is not responding. I can use a mouse. Tablet will not enter recovery mode by holding vol- and tapping reset on back. (procedure on Zeki site) I can erase and recover from settings menu. I have done this 2x and still not working. The back of the tablet says TB1082B FID BN. About tablet screen say TB1082 (don't know if this matters) running 4.0.3. The box says that is what it suppose to be running. I have tried using LiveSuit but I can not get it into recovery mode. Step 5 says get it into update mode. I do not know if this is the same thing. There is no damage to the screen or anywhere on the tablet. I tried to update from settings it comes up with an error and says no update available.

Please help.

Thanks

I think I figure out what is wrong. Saw screenshot from another tablet. That said model TB1082b mine says TB1082. Previous owner put the wrong firmware on the tablet. Does anyone know if Zeki made a TB1082 before the TB1082B? Is there a different procedure for recovery than the TB1082B? If I have to hold the home button like the smaller tablet 782b there is no home button. I have a 4.0.4 image file for TB1082B but can not figure out how to get the tablet to accept it since I can not get into recovery mode.

Last edited: