Question for you???

bearly3031

Jan 20, 2016
I have a question that maybe you can help me with. When I bought my mother the tablet over a year ago. I set it up so that she had a facebook symbol on the home page, and when she selected it, the facebook webpage would open automatically. Now something happened and it isn't that way anymore. For the life of me I can't remember how I set it up that way, and thought maybe somebody may know the answer.. The only way I can seem to get it, and its not the right way. Is when I click on the browser, facebook website opens automatically but everytime you open a new tab, facebook is the startup page. So what I need to happen is: There is a facebook icon on the homepage. When you select it, it automatically goes to the facebook webpage. When you shut it down and later go back and click on the icon it opens facebook again. I know it wasn't the facebook app on there as that is what I have on my tablet. I tried to set it up for her that way. But you know an older person can't accept change.. Thanks for all your help!!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Your post has be confused. Was the icon the FB app and that icon is no longer there or are you also talking about a browser link?

bearly3031

Jan 20, 2016
Welcome to the forum

Your post has be confused. Was the icon the FB app and that icon is no longer there or are you also talking about a browser link?
No, the icon was not for the facebook app... I don't like using the app for facebook, I would rather use the browser to go to facebook. I am looking to put a icon on the screen where when touched it will automatically open up the browser with facebook on it,and it will stay there. I thought I had it but it starts out on facebook but if I go to another site, the next time it opens with that last website that I went to.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The simplest way I can think of to do what you are asking is to make Facebook the home page for the browser. Then it will open there every time. If that isn't happening, try another browser. Maybe Firefox or Dolphin Browser.

bearly3031

Jan 20, 2016
Thanks I will try that.. I think I may have tried it, but everytime I would open a new tab on the browser it would open facebook instead of a blank page.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2)~01.jpg

You could set the browsers home screen to whatever you wish, then bookmark Facebook and add it to your home page.
If you're using a third party launcher, like Nova, you can customize the icon.

teknodex

Jan 21, 2016
The simplest way I can think of to do what you are asking is to make Facebook the home page for the browser. Then it will open there every time. If that isn't happening, try another browser. Maybe Firefox or Dolphin Browser.

View attachment 13684
You could set the browsers home screen to whatever you wish, then bookmark Facebook and add it to your home page.
If you're using a third party launcher, like Nova, you can customize the icon.

Thanks.