RAmos T11AD - Android 2.2/2.3 ROMs?

ransagy

Jan 31, 2011
Someone in my family just returned from a business trip in China with a new RAmos T11AD MID. Now, As he wanted some more features that were added in Froyo/Gingerbread AFAIK, I was wondering if anyone got one of those ROMs into the device? It's based on the RK2818 as far as i can see from internet articles and such.

ransagy

Jan 31, 2011
Well, Considering they have Froyo and GB ROMs for the Hero (280MB?) and even for the HTC Dream/Magic (under 200MB RAM?), That shouldn't be a problem.
Do you know of any other RK2818 device (or even RK2808) that has 2.2 running?

ransagy

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks, Li0nHeart - I saw your threads over at SlateDroid, But i got a bit confused. I'm used to how Android phones operate, And all these mentions of encryption and multiple partitions kinda threw me off. Could you specify more on how to install it on a factory unrooted device?

Li0nHeart

Dec 26, 2010
Just follow this post.. it also contains a link to the software you'll need.. How to flash a rooted ROM

The update is one file update.img, and that's the only file you need to update your device.

Just beware, the froyo image is specifically for the wopad capacitive (that's the device I own).
If you would like to try it on another device you would need to edit the update.img to make sure you don't brick your device.
The update.img consists of several files, and you would need to replace the bootloader and kernel.img with the ones for your device.

On another note:
The market of froyo is having problems
Sensors don't work

So it's beta.. not sure if you want to run that.

ransagy

Jan 31, 2011
I'll have a look at least, Thanks.
I basically just need a new font in there for now, So I might just edit the update to insert the new fonts.

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Just had 3 days of a nightmare with Ramos T11ad. I installed aero theme last week and it work well. I also installed aero theme on my android phone and had no problems so far. Then on Sunday my T11ad went mad, the screen started do the opposite to what i wanted it do. I could access my apps. I was unable shut down. Plus this tablet has no reset button ????. So tried many things, but the screen was too screwed up. In the end i let the battery drain to 1%. Then i was able restart the tablet again. Yesterday, finally, i was able calibrate the screen and things returned to normal. :D I went to settings and removed aero theme asap. Never again.:eek: It is difficult at the best of times to get a 5 inch screen tablet, i didn't fancy buying another one.

Last edited:

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Had another stressful episode with my fav ebook reader tablet. I was unable to access the market, talk face book ????
So a hard reset was required. It took a while to change the language back to English from Chinese. ;) I am happy now,everything working well again.

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Planning to sell my Ramos T11ad. It is in full working order. I selling because i have ordered a 4.3 mini droid running android 2.2.
I will keep you posted.