Received New Ainol Novo 8 Discover, It Arrived Rooted!

ricop106

Jun 13, 2013
Am I correct in assuming that I can turn root on and off through these commands? As far as Flixter is concerned I will try to uninstall and install the latest version. I had the same problem with Google movies and installed an update and now Google Movies works. Also what advantage do I get being rooted?

ricop106

Jun 13, 2013
Thanks, good thread. Other than the Flixter problem the tablet is working nicely, great screen resolution. I can't understand how it arrived rooted. I did a factory reset and it was still rooted.

ricop106

Jun 13, 2013
Update: [FONT=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]O.K. Tried to upgrade my Ainol Novo 8 Discover with the new Android 4.2.2 ROM yesterday and had quite a bit of difficulty. I tried 3 or 4 times with the Tablet Product Tool 1.02 and thought I bricked my tablet. Found a link to the new 1.04 tool and used it with success I have not had a lot of time with the new ROM but initial observation is that there is not much improvement. I was however able to view my movies in Flixter now. Seems that there is some problems with the video player. Tried playing some mp4 videos and there is some hesitation and studdering of video playback.[/FONT]