[RECOVERY] Clockwork Recovery for Coby Kyros MID-7015

Dec 13, 2010
there's a youtube video for this and seems easy to do step by step using terminal emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:

nathan112299

Mar 29, 2011
mine has a problem that when i entered su it says permission denied. is there another thing to be done here in order for me to do this. thank you.
Razor950, here is what I have done to my Coby Kyros thus far. I installed the update.zip,installed z4root(rooted it),downloaded recovery.img (at least I think I did) to the sdcard,got the terminal emulater installed. I even got the gapps download. the root of my sdcard has these files
andexplorer.apk
android-sdk_r10-windows.zip
flash_image
install_recovery.bat
jdk-6u22-windows-i586.exe
recovery_image
recovery.x5ag.img
telechips_hsg-x5ag_cw2.5.1.0.zip
update.zip
z4root.1.3.0.apk

I have pulled up the terminal emulater and entered this...

su (return)
# (got this)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (return)

After hitting return, I am told that (no file found). By looking at the contents of the sdcard, can you tell me what it is that I'm doing wrong? I bought this inexpensive tablet to practice on, so I'm not worried about messing it up to much. But I'm getting ready to give up.:mad::mad: And I have the Coby Kyros 7015 2.1.update1, kernel version 2.6.29 root android 2.1, build number mid7015a 1.6a 01/26/11. Hopes this helps with an answer.

bklavet

Apr 17, 2011
mine has a problem that when i entered su it says permission denied. is there another thing to be done here in order for me to do this. thank you.

I was showing the same problem, but then I noticed that as soon as i typed su and hit enter, the kyros would flash a popup asking if I wanted to grant unknow super user rights...or something to that effect. Once I clicked ok, it worked, However. I am having the same trouble as others with not being able to flash the recovery.img. I have it on my sdcard, but when I enter the flash_recovery /sdcard/recover.img
I get file not found have tried with the adb shell and emulator.

Any one have any ideas?

bklavet

Apr 17, 2011
got it, I did not have the flash_image file on the sdcard. once I got it on the sdcard... no problems