Remove email user

Billaboard

Sep 10, 2011
I've just got this second hand "Wonder Media WM8650" tablet and am very happy with it so far. Much better than I expected.
The first problem, though, is that the previous user's gmail is still in the tablet and appears as the default email name in various places, and even seems to still download 3 non-controversial emails of his.
When I try to remove his email in "Accounts and Sync", I get a message that it is required by some applications and that the only way to remove it is to take the machine back to factory default. I don't really want to do this until I'm sure what I may lose. Is there no way of gently removing the address? I don't mind if any paid for apps disappear.
I've entered my email address as well and that seems to work - for example I can sync up to my Google calendar.

Billaboard

Sep 10, 2011
Do a factory reset.

Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset

Thanks for the reply, and I appreciate that is the way to do this, but I was hoping to be able to disconnect and remove the old email address without resetting the tablet.

My reason is simply that I want to find my way round the tablet software and work out how to eventually write apps and program it. I have compiled a couple of the simple learning apps using Eclipse and installed them on the tablet, but I hoped that digging into this would help me understand how the apps link together and perhaps to the underlying Linux.

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply, and I appreciate that is the way to do this, but I was hoping to be able to disconnect and remove the old email address without resetting the tablet.

My reason is simply that I want to find my way round the tablet software and work out how to eventually write apps and program it. I have compiled a couple of the simple learning apps using Eclipse and installed them on the tablet, but I hoped that digging into this would help me understand how the apps link together and perhaps to the underlying Linux.

I think the prompt message that you posted have already said told you the reason....

That have nothing to do with writing software, that's just how the system is tied together with your google account which everything is dependent on. Maybe you can try add a new account and then delete the old one, that might work but I never tried.