Replacement Stylus?

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
Tried a DS stylus and it scratched the screen ill try a stylus for a different huawei product.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
if it's too "sharp" just sand the tip down. Or "mushroom" the plastic against something hot for a moment.

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Do you have a screen protector? I use a ball point pen with all the ink removed, works well for me but i would not recommend it without a good screen protector. I just cut off the ink filled straw from the metal roller tip, cleaned out the left over ink from the metal tip and hot glued the tip back into the pen. Then I used it on some paper to make sure all the ink was truly gone. Works great for me. I never could get used to holding the tiny stylus that comes with touch devices.

If your looking to replace the original stylus because yours broke or lost maybe, thats another story all together. Might be a challenge.

Ives

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
There are a number of after market retractable stylii available.
Try Staples or most other good stationers/pen retailers.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
There are a number of after market retractable stylii available.
Try Staples or most other good stationers/pen retailers.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

You know I went to office depot looking for a stylus and the guy kind of glazed over and asked me what a stylus was. I explained to him and he said he never heard of such a thing. I asked the cashier and was told they do not sell any kind of stylus. I was kind of shocked, figured if any one carried them it would be office depot. Thats when I just made my own. Maybe i'll check out staples.

Ives

Last edited:

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
You know I went to office depot looking for a stylus and the guy kind of glazed over and asked me what a stylus was. I explained to him and he said he never heard of such a thing. I asked the cashier and was told they do not sell any kind of stylus. I was kind of shocked, figured if any one carried them it would be office depot. Thats when I just made my own. Maybe i'll check out staples.

Ives

Well...there should be another option, including 3 in 1 with pen and mechanical pencil...something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.es/Papermate-PhD-Mu...ncils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item43a3adb433

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
You gotta be sure the tip is smoth and (polished) so there is nothing to scratch the screen. I usually just grag the tip on my jeans back-n-forth for a while and then write on the screen lightly to see if something grabs. maybe a piece of soft wood, like pine, would help get it totally smooth.

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
If you have fairly long fingernails, there's your stylus! Bonus is, because it's attached to you, you can't lose it!
Also it's completely free, that makes it even better.

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
I use a nintendo ds stylus.

Full sized pen style.

Anywhere they sell ds accesories.

Hope this helps dude.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum