replacing car CD player with S7

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
i'm sure some of you are familiar with carputers. well i decided that i wanted to turn a tablet into my car's head unit to replace the factory CD player. after a quick search on google i decided that the S7 104 for under $200 fit the bill. if i destroy it in the process, i won't cry about it. plus the size is just about perfect for the space i have to work with.

now onto my question. i know micro SD cards can go in adapters to be plugged into regular SD card ports. can the S7 work with standard SD cards? i'm going to be putting a card slot right below the S7, and it would be much easier to work with a standard SD card reader as well as handling the cards themselves. plus i've got half a dozen 32 gb SD cards. any help would be much appreciated.

BTW, i'm loving the S7. if i like it in my car as much as i think i will, i'll be upgrading it to a mediapad in the future. if they made a 10" tablet, i'd be all over one of them for home use. on that note, any recommendations for a bigger tablet that offers similar value to the S7, but preferably running honeycomb?

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Your better off using the q5 USB mounting package with a converter cable - see posts in the accessories forum.

Pete

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
Your better off using the q5 USB mounting package with a converter cable - see posts in the accessories forum.

Pete

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

i'm definitely going to use USB as well. i just have so many SD card and would rather use them for quick media changes.

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
i installed that rom two days ago. i'm liking it so far. thanks for the google car home link!
This this web very well for the topic of car PC and now car tablet, this one is Spanish.
Regards.
SoloCarputer :: el portal en espaol de ordenadores en el coche

Huawei s7

car.JPG

Huawei s7-105

integrarhuawei.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Tab de 7"

integrargalaxy.jpg

My support for the tablet, hereinafter I want to integrate it in in hollow of the radio and a guanterita that exists rightly below, it gives me a hollow of 2 dim.
mio.jpg

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
Es una recopilación de útiles, programas y tutoriales, esta en Español
It is a collection of tools, programs and tutorials, is in Spanish

Huawei S7-105 (Orange tablets)aludos

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
Una información interesante que me han comentado y que he comprobado si pones la tablet sin batería y le pones alimentación directa se se inicia automáticamente, algo útil si la quieres integrar en el coche. Ahora toca investigar como cerrarla automáticamente cuando apagas el coche y que no sea a lo bruto.

An interesting information on that they have commented to me and that I have verified if you put the tablet without battery and put direct supply begins automatically, slightly usefully if you want to integrate it in the car. Now it has to investigate like to close it automatically when you extinguish the car and that is not to the brute thing.