[REQ] MID7012 System dump .zip needed!

spc_hicks09

Dec 7, 2011
Ok so I was messing around with making a theme for my 7012 a little while ago and when I tried to push the framework-res.apk back onto the tablet, it froze up. Turning it off wouldn't work or anything so I ended up having to hit the reset button. Now all I can do is boot into the stock Android recovery and boot into fastboot. Does anyone here have a update.zip with their system files on it from a 7012??? If so it would be greatly appreciated if you could hook me up!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Did you try a system wipe or restore? I think Telechips Android version has a system recovery ready because it replaces edited system files like init.rc after reboot.

spc_hicks09

Dec 7, 2011
Don't know how to do a system restore. I don't have Clockwork installed or anything. Only options I can reboot into is Stock Android Recovery or Fastboot. Someone made a nandroid backup but it is an unsigned rar file which I won't be able to use in Stock Recovery because Stock Recovery needs a signed zip I believe, unless these tablets are completely different from Android Phones?

Did you try a system wipe or restore? I think Telechips Android version has a system recovery ready because it replaces edited system files like init.rc after reboot.

spc_hicks09

Dec 7, 2011
Unfortuantely I've been to that thread about 100 times and found no help for my specific problem. I did find a thread where someone uploaded a nandroid restore file that would restore someone to complete stock. However, this file is a .rar and for the stock recovery I need a valid .img file. This is the post Log in
I have no idea though how to turn a .rar file into an .img file.

I think you can do a system wipe using fastboot/recovery but I may be wrong... Did you look for threads about doing this on 7022/7120/7127/1125/8125/1126?

Also, check this out: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-tablets/27009-coby-kyros-mid7012-4g-8.html#post157089

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I wasn't talking about a system restore, I meant "system wipe": erase everything on tablet and it will reset the system files. I think it is documented somewhere. I know people with 8125 and 1125 that had problems after trying to install Market that broke system and they were able to fix it using fastboot in recovery doing a system wipe.

aglet1000

Dec 30, 2011
A rar file is just another compression format similar to zip. Download winrar and will will likely find that the file(s) contained within are the .img file you are looking for. This assumes you are still looking to do a stock recovery.

popmartin

Mar 23, 2012
I have a rooted 7012 that after I uninstalled some apps with Titanium backup that stops at splash screen after reboot, tried to install Formula1 but after 4-5 steps it said installation aborted. After reboot it stops at the android logo and stays there until the battery dies. Please advise where and how to get recovery image and how to get it installed.
Pulling what little hair I have out.