[REQ] Remote desktop - control of tablet FROM PC

JimDantin

Feb 3, 2011
Does anyone know of an app that will allow the tablet to be controlled from a PC? Sorta like reverse remote desktop.

Ideally, I like to be able to sit in a room full of WiFi connected Android tablets and control what is displayed on them with a PC (or other Android tablet) application. Think instructor/students or meeting moderator/attendees scenarios.

Thanks
Jim

inven1

Jul 1, 2011
Does anyone know of an app that will allow the tablet to be controlled from a PC? Sorta like reverse remote desktop.

Ideally, I like to be able to sit in a room full of WiFi connected Android tablets and control what is displayed on them with a PC (or other Android tablet) application. Think instructor/students or meeting moderator/attendees scenarios.

Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim- I am looking for a similar app to use for the samsung galaxy 10.1 . Did you find any solutions? please let me know: [email protected]

speedmaster

Sep 16, 2011
Did you guys find anything? I'm looking for it because my mon is 82 year old and living afar sometimes she asks me to check something on the internet and I would like to give her a tablet and control what is displayed remotely. This would be great !!!! Please let me know if something surface... Thanks

jdsteckling

Sep 30, 2011
I use Splashtop for running my computer from my tablet. It might work the other direction. Download the streamers onto your tablet and give it a whirl. Can I ask why you would do that?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Android Tablet Forum

heeser

Nov 17, 2011
Hi Jim
I have the same requirement. Pls let me know if you've found a solution.
Best regards
Niels (at) heeser.dk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010

As Kaerey posted link, I won't post it again, but I wrote up a full procedure for this including links to the apps you will need there. This should work fine for the Classroom scenario, or certainly for the single user scenario. I personally do this every day with my phone so I don't have to take it out of my bag in the office. The only limitation that I have found is that the devices have to be on commonly accessible sub-nets, I have only ever done it with both the tablet/phone and pc on the SAME sub-net. Since the protocols in use are routable, this should in theory work also for a distance connection, but I have not tested that.

Cheers,
Peter

zulu99

Oct 12, 2011
Probe DroidMote Server / Client. Search it in android market.

Last edited by a moderator: