Reset Android 2.1 tablet

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Reboot recovery might not work on some of these newer batches. I never got one of these newer ones to figure out why. For ADB, you need the funky TCC8902 drivers...

If you could follow the ultimate guide, you might be able to use one of the recovery.img files located here Index of /experimental/20101212. Try X5A, X5A-G, or X6D depending on the version you have. Good luck.

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Sorry but some things are like arabic for me :) what is the TCC8902 driver? Also, I can't understand the different kind of roms I find..
what i the difference between the Clockwork and the adb one? Thanks for the helo and explanations!

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Hi, I could finally manage to get adb running correctly.
It was simply a matter of permission on Linux, I had to start it as root.
Now my device is listed.
Though when I run
adb reboot recovery it doesn't reboot in recovery mode.
I want to sell my tablet and need to Wipe all the data and reset it to the factory
defaults.
The "Reset factory data" in the settings menu doesn't work,
can someone help me please?
Cheers, -Luca

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
plug in the USB cable, then select the 'factory reset' menu point in android.
at least my pad needs that ^^

I think if you want to sell it you should flash a fresh firmware using the 'low format full memory before download' option from FWDN.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
in linux, you can do this to change adb to run setuid (i.e. run as the owner of the file):
Code:
chmod 4755 <filename>

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
I'd like to flash a new rom on my tablet, but apparently non of the guide I followed has worked.
Or maybe I wasn't able to make them work properly.
The bottleneck is that all require to run the tablet in "Recovery mode" but this doesn't work.
Loonix I've tried both having the usb cable (debugging mode) linked both without.
None of the two methods work.
l_n to which filename I should apply the chmod command?
adb now runs as root, so I should be able to perform any operation on the tablet.
Thanks for the help guys!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
hmm, did you do something exotic to your pad?
Like flashing android 2.2 and then applying clockworkmood recovery.

To flash a new firmware you need a windows PC, i do not think you can use FWDN in WINE.

via ADB you could try:
ADB shell
wipe data (or wipe all)
but i have never tried that.

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Hi Loonix.
I'll try the wipe command (tonight I'm at work now) and see how it goes.
The problem with the recovery mode is due to some recovery .img file not present in my tablet apparently.
I tried to download the firmware from the telechip team in naobsd website but I couldn't understand how to install them.
I'd need a step by step guide for my tablet saying:
unzip the files x y and z into this folder
run adb shell
type the following commands
link usb cable
type this command and so on..

Can someone link me to such a guide?
For a newbie like me even to understand you need to run adb as root to connect to the device and issue commands
has been quite complicated...
Thanks a lot in advance,
Cheers, -Luca

rdm

Feb 20, 2011
Man, i have a similar problem. I bought a tablet ( MI88 Aoron ) on ebay, ok. In the description of the product was saying, BRAND NEW, but when i got the tablet, it was used, and have a gmail account logged, and i can not delete this account, because i got error when i try remove ''you can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults...'' . But when i try to follow the steps on the privacy, the tablet just shut down, quickly, and nothing happens. I put the code into the terminal ''REBOOT RECOVERY'', and again i just got the tablet powered off.

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Hi RDM, I don't know your tablet, but as far as I've understood in our case we need to flash a new rom on the tablet in order to get the factory reset.
The problem is that since the recovery mode doesn't work, as far as I have understood we need to find the file for the recovery mode to flash into the tablet.
Also as I use Linux I will have to do this through ADB and Android SDK.
If somehow I can succeed I'll let you know.

rdm

Feb 20, 2011
I understand, thank you for your explanation. But if i flash a new rom on the tablet, this flash have to be specific for my tablet, or it is for everyone? because, if have a specified flash for each tablet, I'm screwed because I do not found nothing on google about my tablet, nothing about nothing, just pictures =p....
if i have any update with my case i will alert you.... if you get something, let me know too, please!

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
Unfortunately roms are quite tablet specific.
However it seems your tablet has the same chip of mine, so maybe it might work.
I guess you could go on the xda developers forum and ask there if someone can help you with this detail.

rdm

Feb 20, 2011
Ok, i will search something in this forum, thanks again. I'm noticing this will be difficult to make and can cause damage that will be difficult to reverse

eroeurbano

Feb 4, 2011
The wipe all from adb shell worked for me!
Rdm you need to setup android SDK on your computer (go on the Android developer site to set it up)
and when it's working you need to run adb shell with root permissions.
From the ADB shell
type:
wipe all
it will clean ALL your data.
When you restart it takes a bit longer and the android wizard starts.
Cheers, -Luca