Restore FW for MID 706 (LY-706B)

frivlus

Oct 28, 2010
If you have a flytouch you can try this link to download the firmware and start from scratch. It takes about 10 minutes. I reccieved the instructions from my ebay seller in HK. They worked very well. Keep in mind you will lose any apps you've downloaded.

Here are the instructions I received.

Hello frivlus, You can restore the system and the link is here.
http://rapidshare.com/files/427312137/android16.zip

Extract the files and folders inside the script folder to microSD card root directory.

Put the card into the Android then boot up, it will restore automatically.

Make sure to plug the AC charger during the process. Thanks!

frivlus

Oct 28, 2010
If you have a flytouch you can try this link to download the firmware and start from scratch. It takes about 10 minutes. I reccieved the instructions from my ebay seller in HK. They worked very well. Keep in mind you will lose any apps you've downloaded.

Here are the instructions I received.

Hello frivlus, You can restore the system and the link is here.
http://rapidshare.com/files/427312137/android16.zip

Extract the files and folders inside the script folder to microSD card root directory.

Put the card into the Android then boot up, it will restore automatically.

Make sure to plug the AC charger during the process. Thanks!

Flytouch aka LANPAD
7 inch
256 MB RAM
2 Gb InternAL
4 GB SD
VIA Processor
Android version 1.6

marsSHm

Nov 1, 2010
Please reupload this ROM. Now on the rapidshare "Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached."

shopalath

Oct 30, 2010
just received my mid 706 or ly 706 yesterday, which shall now be referred to as 706. it came with build 1.9, android version 1.6, very basic, no root...
... 1.7.4 firmware Download LY706.1.7.4.V1.7z ...
... 1.9.1 firmware rooted flytouch_1.9.1_fast_and_furious.zip ...

I also have a MID LY-706 (white backcover, black home key, one black power key and a black volume key at the side) - like whgarner specified it.
The "1.9.1 flytouch ROM" will not work! Flashing is possible, but it will hang at the first initial Android logo.
The "1.7.4 LY706 firwmare" will NOT restore a functional system! Flashable without any error, but hang at the initial boot logo. Grrr...

It seems that there are a lot of similar products called "LY-706" (clone of a clone of a clone ...) out in the market.

I have bricked my "LY-706" during these trials and think it's the best to DO NOT TOUCH a running Chinese system :):(:mad:

Look at the pictures to find out what device I have - and what device you shoud not to update ... :)

Attachments

• $Pad_3.jpg
    $Pad_3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,344
  • $Pad_4.jpg
    $Pad_4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,867
  • $Pad_2.JPG
    $Pad_2.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 1,388
  • $Pad_1.jpg
    $Pad_1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,996
Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
I also have a MID LY-706 (white backcover, black home key, one black power key and a black volume key at the side) - like whgarner specified it.
The "1.9.1 flytouch ROM" will not work! Flashing is possible, but it will hang at the first initial Android logo.
The "1.7.4 LY706 firwmare" will NOT restore a functional system! Flashable without any error, but hang at the initial boot logo. Grrr...

It seems that there are a lot of similar products called "LY-706" (clone of a clone of a clone ...) out in the market.

I have bricked my "LY-706" during these trials and think it's the best to DO NOT TOUCH a running Chinese system :):(:mad:

Look at the pictures to find out what device I have - and what device you shoud not to update ... :)

I have the same problem.

ckirila

Nov 8, 2010
I have the same tablet (LY-706) and I am experiencing the same issue - boots to locked screen which will not unlock and hangs on initial boot screen when attempting to flash. If I can provide any further information, please let me know and thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

ipal

Nov 13, 2010
There is a rom @ slatedroid.com, it is mentioned as Generic 1.9_88. Locate and try only if your epad is bricked. It revived mine - however wifi is weak and power standby does not work. Buttons and screen OK though. This rom is factory.
I have white back, ebay clone.

And plz, if you have android16.zip rom put it online.

Last edited:

el_tako

Dec 9, 2010
Hi I have a similar problem, my tablet model is mid706 with Android 1.6 try upgrading to version 1.8 but in the process the screen goes off and since then I have failed to ignite, I have visited many sites but none has given me a solution to remedy my problem, any idea how to fix?

anthonyn000

Dec 14, 2010

I have this device that matches these pictures and also can't find the firmware to fix a botched upgrade. Did anyone find this firmware? I don't see a link replying to this particular post

cacamacapaca

Feb 13, 2011
I have 2 goods for you.
For LY - 706 -256 Mb RAM try to use one from here :

Chinese: wmt2.0_710ac - Android 1.6

English: v1.9_710Ac - Android 1.6

Any one have Windows CE for this device ? I have one but not work touchscreen ....
Any one have Android 2.0 or 2.1 for this device ?
Thank you !

Last edited:

100_Nossaum

Feb 19, 2011
this is the first time I ever see my original wmt2.0_710ac firmware... but, when trying to restore my bricked ly-706 generic model. I can't upgrade... It keep showing the first message "prepare software package" than it drops to the old slatedroid firmware witch won't work just keep hanged in the lock screen.

I tryed a usb apple keyborad/mouse and it work's, very fine.. but the system keeps movin left-right-up-down randomly seem's like a pushed button continuosly !

gonna keeping trying to put these wmt2.0_710ac firmware... this is the one for me... I should never touched it hihi...

Good lucky for us all

cacamacapaca

Feb 13, 2011
Try to instal first another firmware , android or windows , not important if it working or not.
I had the same problem.I found a firmware that has passed that phase of the installation(I think Windows CE) , then I installed the right firmware.

Bafta !