Returned 2 So Far

windfarmer

Dec 7, 2012
my mother in-law got me a zeki 7" tablet from bestbuy.com on black Friday for $69 plus tax free shipping. well the first one had a bad buzz from the speaker it did not matter if you turned the speaker volume up or down the speaker still buzzed at the same volume the entire time the tablet was turned on. when you plugged earbuds into the headphone jack the buzzing went away and sound was perfect out of headphones or earbuds.

other than that it was a nice little tablet very responsive screen etc i played with it for a week or so waiting for best buy to get some back in stock to i could get them to order me another as they refused to do an exchange at first because they had none in stock.

so i returned that one and they sent me a second one. the second one was a total dud. it had no sound at all from the speaker. and it had very annoying dead spots in the touch screen that interfered with typing. that one went back after one day and now i am waiting on my third one.

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
I just got my replacement from Zeki. I love the tablet, but apparently the build quality is less than perfect. I am charging it, don't know how well it works yet. Have you contacted DPI for a replacement?

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
So far, the new Zeki is crashing a lot, especially in browsers (pick a browser, using 3 - the default one, Dolphin, and another just to make sure). I have rebooted a couple of times, and it seems to be getting better. Audio is working... tried to check out Skype but nobody I knew was on. The old one could not skype with video.

windfarmer

Dec 7, 2012
got a third tablet this one seems to work OK but having trouble with amazon store after installing the store from the zeki icon and installing a few apps the store wanted to update it self but the update seems to have borked the store all i get is a blank screen with a search bar at the top and typing things in the search bar does nothing. i went so far as to reinstall the store from the amazon website it worked until i closed it and opened it again then back to the same thing. starting to irritate me.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
See this post on the same topic:

I have confirmed with Amazon that their appstore version 2.6 is the latest one which will work with a Zeki tablet. If you upgrade to a newer version, you will need to uninstall it andgo to amazon.com in your browser, get into chat with a tech, and have him give you the link to download the 2.6 apk.

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
I earlier reported crashing problems with my replacement Zeki 7. This seems to have ended. I have moved as many apps as possible to my SD card, which frees up a lot of memory. I'm using Gemini's app management for that... oddly, Gemini tries to move itself to the SD card, which crashes it and it needs to be reinstal,ed, but I havent had any trouble with other apps Gemini found safe to move.

pmcbarb

Nov 28, 2012
got a third tablet this one seems to w ork OK but having trouble with amazon store after installing the store from the zeki icon and installing a few apps the store wanted to update it self but the update seems to have borked the store all i get is a blank screen with a search bar at the top and typing things in the search bar does nothing. i went so far as to reinstall the store from the amazon website it worked until i closed it and opened it again then back to the same thing. starting to irritate me.

same thing is happeing to me...grrr I am VERY dumb when it comes to operating these things ?? :confused: should I uninstall Amazon and then what ?? :confused: Thanks for any help I may get... :D

windfarmer

Dec 7, 2012
i had chat conversation with amazon support they said they were working on the problem and to wait 3-5 days then try the app again that was 4-5 days ago and mine is still not working but i have not tried reinstalling again yet.

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
same thing is happeing to me...grrr I am VERY dumb when it comes to operating these things ?? :confused: should I uninstall Amazon and then what ?? :confused: Thanks for any help I may get... :D
Keep the Amazon Market app that came with the Zeki. Do not update it until someone knows something.

Last edited:

windfarmer

Dec 7, 2012
i contacted amazon again to see if i could get anywhere i did not get anywere exept more song and dance that they are working on it and an admission that it is not just zeki owners who are having this trouble. oh and if you complain enough it seems they will give you a $5 credit to shut you up.

Jbeaux

Jan 23, 2013
I received my Zeki for Christmas and the display would only work for about 3 minutes before flickering and going completely white. The store did not have any more and were discontinuing it, and since I got it at such a good price I decided to contact DPI customer service. I sent it back and they set me a new unit which I have been using for about a week. So far, it works perfectly. They were very nice and the worst part is that it cost me $7 to return it. Still less than half the normal retail price, so I guess I'm happy...except for the Amazon Appstore which everyone seems to be complaining about, so I guess I'm not alone there.