[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I meant video glitches issue while playing video

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
In nougat? Can you elaborate a bit? I havent noticed any glitches myself... Thanks!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
In Marshmallow I had the video glitch but i never had it in Nougat
Okay... And can you describe the glitch? I still don't know what you are talking about ;)

I still think Marshmallow is our best rom ever. But nougat is pretty close behind.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Okay... And can you describe the glitch? I still don't know what you are talking about ;)

I still think Marshmallow is our best rom ever. But nougat is pretty close behind.
Playing videos has some stuttering/lag or skipping fps.
Totally agreed, Android 6.0 is one of the best roms for our tablet. Actually it's the first time since I bought the tablet I felt it's a normal tablet!
It's really nice, fast rom, I like it.

Thank you Mr. PJBrs

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@jam97 My pleasure :)

By the way, on Nougat, do you use the google now launcher? I do, and somehow Inaccidentally activated something called Google feed. I managed to disable that, and it really is an improvement too...

About the glitches. Did you see them on Unlegacy only, or also on Lineage? And if only Unlegacy, did you try upgrading to the latest build?

jam97

Mar 26, 2013

By the way, on Nougat, do you use the google now launcher? I do, and somehow Inaccidentally activated something called Google feed. I managed to disable that, and it really is an improvement too...

About the glitches. Did you see them on Unlegacy only, or also on Lineage? And if only Unlegacy, did you try upgrading to the latest build?

When Nought was installed I was using the stock launcher only with no Google apps at all.

Right now I'm using Android 6.0 unlegacy ua_a2109-6.0.1-20170916175354
I haven't installed Lineage build long time ago, where I can find the latest build, please?

Also stock launcher and without Google apps.

Thanks,

jam97

Mar 26, 2013

BTW, noticed that also in games the sound has the same bug, it something similar to what happens when my laptop cpu or Hdd is too busy while playing audio file, the sound quality becomes bad.

johan111

Jul 7, 2014
Hello everybody,
This weekend I installed Unlegacy 6.0.1 and found it very snappy but unfortunately I have "no deep sleep" issue :-( I checked the BBStats and Wakelock detector to identify the source of wakelocks but there was no specific finding. Do you have any suggestions, guys?

rocksolid87

Dec 5, 2017
I'm having a problem with my tablet randomly rebooting constantly. I tried the Unlegacy version first (the most recent image) and after install and going through setup it was randomly rebooting every minute or two. So I then tried Lineage and it stopped rebooting as frequently by about an additional minute or two. It doesn't matter what I'm trying to do on it, it'll instantly reboot itself.

Is there a solution for this?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi all, I think you need to do a full wipe before moving to Unlegacy.

Also - question!! Can any marshmallow user over here test screen mirroring? I.e., cast screen over chromecast? I need repeated testing to figure out what's going wrong in Nougat. Let me (and others) know in this thread if you can. Thanks!

rocksolid87

Dec 5, 2017
If the full wipe was in reference to my issue, I actually did do a full wipe (on accident) and was still having this problem. Oddly enough, after I accidentally did the full wipe TWRP was no longer recognizing my micro sd card.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
If the full wipe was in reference to my issue, I actually did do a full wipe (on accident) and was still having this problem. Oddly enough, after I accidentally did the full wipe TWRP was no longer recognizing my micro sd card.
Hmm.... That doesnt sound good... Do you have a file called /proc/last_kmsg? If so can you grab that one? Im afraid noone else has reported issues like that, so it might be hardware related. If I were you, I'd try doing a full reinstall without the sdcard. And by full, I mean reinstalling recovery first ( or at least booting from a verified recovery download). Good luck!

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
Can any marshmallow user over here test screen mirroring? I.e., cast screen over chromecast?
I downgraded from Nougat to 6.0 Marshmallow Unlegacy first. Unfortunately video playback had glitches, as everyone mentioned here in the forum, so I did not even try wireless display (miracast). Then I installed 6.0 Marshmallow Lineage. Video playback is perfect! However, wireless display (miracast) did not work - it found my wireless projector, but could not connect to it.

Btw, I tried miracast with Nougat, too. It did not work, either, same symptom as with 6.0 Lineage: found my wireless projector, but could not connect to it (my projector is fine, I can connect to it with my Blackberry Priv running 6.0 Marshmallow)

Update: just for testing, I installed 6.0 Unlegacy. Same symptom: finds my PaPa DLP projector, tries to connect, then aborts it.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I downgraded from Nougat to 6.0 Marshmallow Unlegacy first. Unfortunately video playback had glitches, as everyone mentioned here in the forum, so I did not even try wireless display (miracast). Then I installed 6.0 Marshmallow Lineage. Video playback is perfect! However, wireless display (miracast) did not work - it found my wireless projector, but could not connect to it.

Hmm... The only difference that would be relevant in this regard, *I think*, is power management. But first - can you please direct me to video file and player that have these glitches? I'm watching Star Wars on Google Play in HD without issue, same goes for youtube films... (IIRC...)

Btw, I tried miracast with Nougat, too. It did not work, either, same symptom as with 6.0 Lineage: found my wireless projector, but could not connect to it (my projector is fine, I can connect to it with my Blackberry Priv running 6.0 Marshmallow)

Update: just for testing, I installed 6.0 Unlegacy. Same symptom: finds my PaPa DLP projector, tries to connect, then aborts it.

Hmm... I only tried with chromecast, and that just worked...? Still does on Nougat, except now it will hang the gui upon disconnect...