[ROM] Cthulhu 1.0 for Bluepanther Thunder MID

adi116

Jun 8, 2011
After instalation of this upgrade I have only probles with Android MArket, I have to delete from install.bat lines for market updater and Vending(market itself), Than it was able to start as it suppose to, but no version of market works, and I mean no version at all. evan while attempt to install original mod from this thread Marked is'nt in the menu. rest is fine.

HELP, thanks

tego1

Jul 6, 2011
Hi, I'm new to android tablets. Is there some way to install this ROM from SD card? I've somehow lost USB-connectivity. When I plugged tablet to PC for the first time it worked, but then I charged the battery and when plugged to PC again, nothing happend anymore. I tried some rooting-sw (apk) before, but it didn't work and maybe messed something up. USB-debugging is enabled and nothing USB-related shows in notification area. Factory-reset didn't help.
Thanks for any help!

adi116

Jun 8, 2011
tego1 i tried the whole procedure on Windows 7, after instaling the required drivers i was finaly able to instal this mod, if You want to install new version of firmware, please do format your SD card to a normal fat (12 or 16) file system and copy all nessesary files on it, plug it into a switched off tablet, pres at once level volume down(left side) and power button you will see the sliced progress bar. After the upgrade is finished. it will restart, then you may instal this mod.pro

blem is that before the upgrade I was able to root the tabled, now it isnt possible. there is also a problem with an airplane mode, You can turn it on, but not turn it off(result is that you cannot use bluetooth in airplane mode), you will have to restart(factory reset) to have it work or instal for example 3'rd part software that is able to switch the airplane mode.

Problem is also with bluetooth that i cannot pair it with my phone (befor i was able) And my 3g modem sotps to work(prev it does).
Wifi still isn't able to connect to ad-hoc(this was my main reason of doing this upgrade).

hope that there will be an another release.

PS sorry for my english, but i think you will understeand.

Cheers, Darek

bigfilsing

Aug 21, 2011
Hi Guys
Im hoping somebody can help me out
I cant seem to get my GM10 to connect to my PC ( Win XP SP3)
Ive downloaded the drivers as per the links in this thread
I've put the GM10 into recovery mode and got the pc to detect it
It recognises it as ANdroid adp
but after the drivers install it says "device wont start " and is flagged in hardware manager as
error code 10 ( what ever that means)

Im really dying to try out some of the mods and rom posted !

All help appreciated

Phil

Last edited:

bigfilsing

Aug 21, 2011
Hi
I managed to get it working and thought id post here in case anybody is having the same problems.

So heres what i'd done / did on my win7 pc ( id tried and failed many times on my Win XP SP3 laptop)

When i simply connected the GM10 it was detected as a usb mass storage device even thou USB debug was selected on the device.

So i connected the device in factory restore mode ( hold down volume + then press power) When is this mode my Win 7 PC saw the device as a "USB composite device"
In device manager i rightclicked "USB composite device" and selected properties then driver > update driver. Then pointed it to the folder containing the google USB drivers and clicked OK . Win7 then installed the drivers. Now it was detected as an android device but would not start ( code 10).
At this stage i started the GM in the normal way and could see on its screen that it was connected because of the icons for USB and debug on the top left of the screen

After trying various things like system restart and unplugging all usb devices etc etc i still couldn't get it to work.

I figured that all usb devices would be auto detect anyway so with the device connected,I opened up win7 computer management ( right click "my computer" and select "manage" )select device manager then i right clicked each of the USB mass storage device and uninstalled them. then did the same for "USB composite devices. At this point Win 7 recognised the GM 10 and started the device correctly.

Im certainly no expert at Android tablets but just reporting what worked for me and hope this may help others
Cheers

Last edited:

bruno

Oct 16, 2010
i managed to install the rom sucessfully. but i have a question: i was about to remove the phone.apk to get more speed and battey. then I noticed there's also a phone_.apk. is it a modified version? should I remove both? or neither?

thanks