[ROM] Gingerbread ROM with 3G dongle support for Coby 8127

kyrosuser77

Jul 5, 2012
Hey guys,

here is the last version of Cat Nova Gingerbread ROM modified to work on Coby 8127.
It includes Google Market, Maps, Youtube, Flash ... older versions, but working just fine.

I tested 3G with Hauwei E160G dongle on Croatian T-mobile network. Setup is simple and 3G works really good. Just plug in your modem, wait till signal bars appear in your status tray, go to Settings, Wireless & network, Mobile networks, Acess Point Names and choose your APN from the list. After that just enable 3G and wait until 3G symbol appears in your tray.

Note: You should probably disable PIN and turn off mass storage device mode (typically emulating a read-only CD drive) on USB dongle.

Of course standard warnings apply here also - so make a backup before installing this ROM.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/sKD-ttmy/wildcat.html

mixone

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for this. I inslaled on my MP827 and works, only thing bad is touch response.
Now is like a resistive touchscreen, works very bad.
3G works ok with Huawei E1550 modem.

kyrosuser77

Jul 5, 2012
Thanks for this. I inslaled on my MP827 and works, only thing bad is touch response.
Now is like a resistive touchscreen, works very bad.
3G works ok with Huawei E1550 modem.

That's weird. Mine works just fine. You don't have the same problem with other 8127 ROMs? Check your CPU usage - maybe some background process is running wilde. You could try modifying your build.prop to improve performance - link.

Hope this helps...