[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but has anybody experienced any security issues with this? This is the first custom ROM I've used and I'm a little bit hesitant about it. (No offense to the developers, though. In fact I'm really liking it so far! Good work!)

First thing is while Android security issues are real, they are also over exaggerated. You have nothing to fear from these ROMs. Even if someone wanted to create a malicious or compriomised image, with the Android community as it is, it wouldn;t be online long.

hack_1018

Jan 27, 2012
wasteland985 said:
I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but has anybody experienced any security issues with this? This is the first custom ROM I've used and I'm a little bit hesitant about it. (No offense to the developers, though. In fact I'm really liking it so far! Good work!)

I dont know what security issue your talking about that you experienced with some custom rom or other tablet. But in this rom im sure your tablet will perform its maximim capabilities.

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
Lfrom, can you please confirm the MD5 hash of the main zip file on the first post?
My downloaded file MD5 is "6cf20da58a4db394b07180ea0b3a815b" (calculated by fsum) and opens normaly on 7.zip.
Thx in advance.

franklinzero

Jun 16, 2012
I have an wi-fi issue. I cant connect to a ADHOC with password, but i still can connect on open. Any way to fix it?

titoxtian

Jun 18, 2012
please help... im very confused(i've read the entire thread...created a new one...but cant quite still understand...sorry)
ok here it is...
I just bought a kyros 1024-4g (pre-installed with gingerbread) and i want to install google play...(coz appslib sucks)
---can i use this ROM? or it depends on my board regardles if Gingerbread or Froyo?
---is this ROM for Froyo Only? (or for Pre-installed Gingerbread?)

In case i have installed this ROM...
---will it be rooted?
---will it have google play?

please enlighten me Thanks...

please note that as of now i am only planning to get google play (if possibe w/o root coz i dont want to lose warranty)
but if there is no choice to add google play without rooting...i think i'll root my kyros thanks....

also besides the topic i would like to ask one thing that always bother me about android?
---why is it that we cant install O.S.(gingerbread,honeycomb,ICS) in our devices?
---shouldnt it be like computers wherein as long as we have the minimum system requirementsand the installer we can install O.S.

CobyUser098

May 19, 2012
titoxtian said:
please help... im very confused(i've read the entire thread...created a new one...but cant quite still understand...sorry)
ok here it is...
I just bought a kyros 1024-4g (pre-installed with gingerbread) and i want to install google play...(coz appslib sucks)
---can i use this ROM? or it depends on my board regardles if Gingerbread or Froyo?

---will it be rooted?

please note that as of now i am only planning to get google play (if possibe w/o root coz i dont want to lose warranty)
but if there is no choice to add google play without rooting...i think i'll root my kyros thanks....

also besides the topic i would like to ask one thing that always bother me about android?
---why is it that we cant install O.S.(gingerbread,honeycomb,ICS) in our devices?
---shouldnt it be like computers wherein as long as we have the minimum system requirementsand the installer we can install O.S.

It will be rooted and it will have market

hack_1018

Jan 27, 2012
titoxtian said:
ok here it is...

---will it be rooted?

We cant install any os in our device that easily bcoz of driver problems or compatibility issue. Were lucky lfom make a patch of hidden honeycomb in our kyros hehehe

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
boot animation (dancing android) that works in our kyros 1024n?? anyone wants to share???

download rom toolbox pro and there's a menu about boot animation u can preview the boot animation and then download. (there's a dance droid in there also)

Comxen

Jul 29, 2012
problem solved...I can now access all apps in Google Play....dunno really what happened or what Google did... :)

After playing with the ICS build I reloaded the "CFW-MID1024-GingerLF-V1.5" everything went well...Now I can't get a ton of apps from Play? Gmail, Google+, Podkicker etc... did you do anything different before yours started working?

ckorakas

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for the precious info here and of course for what appears to be a great ROM

I have read in various posts in the thread the other users with MpMan 1027 got it to work

The reason I need to flash this tablet is that it wont run Skype Video (Skype only seems to suport / look for the back camera ... and there is none, it wont even display the other side of the chad video stream either)

And that even though the Android System Info says the tablet is on Android 2.3.3

My guess is that I have a newer version of the same model (MpMan 1027) and thus flashing doesnt work as it doesnt fit the specs it was built for

I actually tried with two ext SD cards (512 mb/ 8 gb) on which I copied the files and the tablet simply will ignore (pressing the power while holding the home button / tried with M button too) and will boot in its original rom

Android System Info reads:

CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
API LEVEL: 10
MAnufacturer: Telechips
Hardware: m801_88
Board: m801_evm
Brand : Telechips
Device: m801
Display: MID1125 20111028
Model: MID1125
Product: MID1125

Oh! yes and I have 8+ multitouch points on this tablet too... (see ? i read before posting)

Am I looking at a MID 1024 (users of MpMan 1027 reported here the Rom works for them) or MID 1125 device here?

If it is an MID 1125 has any one with the same tabled managed to have a ROM upgrade or alternatively just Skype doing what it should (ie being able to use the front camera)

Thanks a million for your support !!

Chris from Brussels

ckorakas

Aug 10, 2012
Hello !

I am on a MID1125 (MpMan 1027 = Coby Kyros MID1125) now running 4.1.1 (from cobygemany.de) fully rooted with adb, cwm 4, super user etc

The key combination you mention doesnt work

Actually power+volume down gets me in to fastboot

Is there any way to apply the update you propose through adb or Clockworkmod ?

Thanks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello !

I am on a MID1125 (MpMan 1027 = Coby Kyros MID1125) now running 4.1.1 (from cobygemany.de) fully rooted with adb, cwm 4, super user etc

The key combination you mention doesnt work

Actually power+volume down gets me in to fastboot

Is there any way to apply the update you propose through adb or Clockworkmod ?

Thanks
This is Samsung you have telechips hardware/software this won't work on your 1125.