[ROM] Gome Flytouch Firmware Releases (VIA8505 7" Tablet)

mamavazquez

Dec 25, 2010
I am getting ready to flash mine with the above firmware but I am concerned that some said that the menu and volume buttons do not work after that. Can anyone tell me if they used this firmware successfully?

mann.h8er

Dec 28, 2010
I locked the screen of my android v1.99_88 and i forgot the pattern. anyone could help me how to open it :(

SurrealCivic

Dec 25, 2010
Hey Tipstr,
I'm new and have one simple question. If one has a tablet exactly like the first picture, and a dongle with ethernet/2x USB, what model does one have? 256MB and running the same kernel as stated above.
Thanks,

flitter1280

Jan 6, 2011
Hi xaueious seems the link that you posted is not working. Can you tell me where I can download this? Thanks a lot

kasunsome

Jan 13, 2011
dear tipstir, pls help me....i have a epad same as generic flytouch..but i tried these roms that u have mentioned here, but its stuck at loading position....pls help me...what should i do to overcome this.my item is same as the pictures that u have posted above....

kasunsome

Jan 13, 2011
hi mikethebike, i think im in the same boat...my epad is also not working...did u get fix the problem, pls help me....

jokenaja

Jan 15, 2011
irobot after flash rom "maybe the kernel don't support this NAND flash" attachment picture
what is it
help me. thank​

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
I'm getting the maybe the kernel don't support this NAND flash error too. I know that mine is the right Apad, it's eP07, has the WMT2.1.2_105 in the lower right hand side when booting. I am trying to get the newest one to work but it keeps giving me that message. Any advice? I have the original system dump from the device if that helps at all.

sydche15

Jan 25, 2011
i think your build in 2gb nand flash is already corrupted or damage you have to replace it then flash the rom again

vicky

Mar 5, 2011
Hi there I was directed here I have a gome flytouch as well and well now it doesnt turn on when I push the power button the green light goes on it charges so how would I put that firmware on here if the system wont turn on?? Any help would be great.. Is there a reset button on this machine?

Richardj

Mar 16, 2011
Hi all, can someone please help me.
I have a 7" tablet that says ePad, on the box it says iRobot.
In the bottom right hand corner when it boots up it says WMT2.1.2_105.
It has the following:
CPU. ARM 9 platform, VIA WM8505, 533MHz
OS. Google android 2.1
Memory. 256 DDR2
Storage device. 2GB Flash HDD(standard; optional up to 32GB)
LCD Screen. 7" Touch screen, 800 x 480 pixels
LAN/WFI. 10/100 Ethernet Access, 802.11b/g
Camera. 1.3 mega pixels
Keyboard. Soft keyboard
Touch operation. Full size touch operation, sliding menus, icons
USB Port. 2 x USB Port(via the external USB Port)
Card Port. SD Card (512MB-8GB

In about device:
Memory size 526MB
Model Number. Generic
Firmware Version. 1.6 ( the supplier says it has been updated to 2.1. They say 1.6 is embedded into the chip)
Kernel Version. 2.6.29.00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build Number WMT2.1.2_105
Green led when on and a red led when charging.
Doesn't vibrate on start up.

What I would like to know is whether I can use a Custom Rom? and which one?
The device is very sluggish.
It has no android market, no Google account set up, no Gmail, no Google maps. If I want to install apps I have try and find them on the net with my PC, download them and then transfer them to the external SD card, very annoying.
And it's just developed a horrible buzzing noise when in use but when it goes into sleep mode the buzzing stops. The buzzing isn't coming from the speakers so turning the volume off doesn't help. The supplier says it's normal to get a buzzing noise from tablets and laptops (never heard of this before) because of the built in mic

I have asked the supplier to arrange for it to be retuned and for a refund, guess what, they aren't answering that one. So if they wont agree then it looks as if I may have to keep it and use a custom rom if there is one for this device. Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I'm just very frustrated. Going round in circles springs to mind.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Magazba

May 3, 2011
gome-flytouch.jpg

Firmware v1.6
Build v1.7.4

--------
Note:
Build v1.7.4 is very slow and buggy not provided here.

Firmware v1.6
Build v1.8.2
Download
----------
Note:
Build v1.8.2 is much quicker but Google Apps are removed, Animated Android Logo is now presented on boot-up, New Camera Software and Picture Capture

Firmware v1.6
Build v1.9_88
Download
http://www.filefront.com/17216624/1.9_88.zip
--------------
Note: Latest
Build v1.9_88 Battery Life now increases and can go beyond 2 hrs. (3.5 hrs), New Camera Software and Picture Capture, there are some other software add-ons also. New Settings now appears on the desktop tray.

How to install the firmware and build

Put the file named "script" wholely into your microSDHC card after decompressing files.
Plug microSDHC card then turn on your PC, the PC will upgrade automatically.
Pull out microSDHC card after upgrading, then the PC will restart automatically.
The system has been upgraded successfully.
Make Sure Your Computer is Full of Power During Upgrading.

Manufacturer Reports Odd Behavior

1. Booting time is around 1 minute and 15 seconds.
2. Please insert microSDHC card before turning on your tablet PC, if not, the system will automatically show "REMOVED microSDHC CARD" then change to an exclamatory mark on the top left corner.
When clicked, "microSDHC CARD REMOVED,INSERT A NEW ONE" will show.

3. Each computer will be equiped with a stylus. Please use this touching pen as much as possible as the sensitivity is better.
4. It's normal that the machine will be a little warmer while using.

Can I use this firmware on my tablet?
Config: WMT2.1.2_105 - 2GB - 256MB VIA WM8505 ARM926

Purchased at DealExtreme
$93.19 - 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera (VIA WM8505 ARM926) - Laptop Gadgets

Sorry for my english google translator

diverduane

Dec 10, 2010
OK, so now it's my turn, I have a 8505 Flytouch 7" that has the name MID on the box. I've been trying to months to get it going again. This is the second one that I've bricked. On this one I used 1.9.88, which worked on the identical one that I bricked with a different ROM. Now, no matter what I put on it I only get the little Android dude at boot up then it stays there. When I try and change the ROM it goes through the entire flash process and tells me to remove the SD card, but then when it tries to reboot it just sticks with the little android dude.

Can you recommend anything for me to do?

Sorry and Thanks,

DiverDuane