[ROM] Karbonn Custom ST10 by fuser-invent

mrinal

Jun 7, 2013
[h=5]Guys I am in a serious problem... My tablet is not charging or turning on.When i connect it to the charger it shows the red light but does not show anything on the screeni can't even goto the service center as i have rooted and flashed a custom rom what to do guyz... Please help!!![/h]

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
[h=5]Guys I am in a serious problem... My tablet is not charging or turning on.When i connect it to the charger it shows the red light but does not show anything on the screeni can't even goto the service center as i have rooted and flashed a custom rom what to do guyz... Please help!!![/h]

You can probably bring it to the service center. If it is that dead they won't be able to tell what you've done to it. They will plug it into a computer, wipe everything and reflash the firmware.

If you want more help from people who actually own the tablets, check the thread for ST8 & 10's in the XDA forums. Maybe someone there has experienced something similar.

jojo_05

Jun 26, 2013
First of all thanks fuser for your wonderful custom rom for karbonn st 10. I've rooted my tablet and flashed your custom rom and it worked very fine for some days. Now I'm facing a problem that 3G Dongle is not connected to my tablet. I've tried to solve the problem by restoring my custom rom from backup taken on TWRP and do a factory reset also, but noting worked. While chekcing status on setting, it shows "status - out of service" and there is no IMEI No. displayed. Please help since I've not other way to connect internet.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I've never used a 3G dongle before. If I had one and I was facing this problem I would first do a clean install of the firmware. If that didn't work then I would try a different OTG cable and if that didn't work I would borrow a friends 3G single to see if mine had gone bad.

Last edited:

mrinal

Jun 7, 2013
Does anybody know how can we contact the service center? I had given my st10 to the company and till i havent got any info .. do i need to call the service center where i gave it or to the company??gave it on 25 june in agra ..

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Sorry, I live in the U.S. and don't own the tablets. The best place I think to ask would be in this thread which has a lot of people who have already sent their tablets in to the service centers.

zeus

Jul 13, 2013
Hello there is this method valid for Karbonn st9 tablet? I am currently experiencing problem with this tablet and need to format it to make it work again I think....it is not resetting nor entering in the recovery menu

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
No, this won't work unfortunately. At least I don't think it will. If it has a different screen size then it likely has different hardware related lib files.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
As of today there have been 104,688 downloads of my Android custom firmware packages in over 10 different countries since December. Crazy!

Please consider a donation if you are one of the 104,688. Even if it is just $1, that is less than a cup of coffee for something you use everyday! Thanks for the support!

ehteshaam

Sep 8, 2013
I too hav a karbonn ST10..... i tried following your insrtuctions
but now, my device does switch on...but it gets stuck at the start itself...i can even enter the recovery mode....please help

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I too hav a karbonn ST10..... i tried following your insrtuctions
but now, my device does switch on...but it gets stuck at the start itself...i can even enter the recovery mode....please help

Do you have the 2nd version like I warned about at the top of the thread? Did TWRP flash correctly and work?

freeeekout

Nov 2, 2013
i tried rooting my karbonn st10 by installing crystal_root.zip. it didn't work.
so tried to install twrp for karbonn st10 by ozadroid , but twrp says " unable to mount cache " and nothing works.
i tried every method you said to revert back to stock recovery. my recovery doesn't work now.
PLZ HELP...

freeeekout

Nov 2, 2013
i have rooted my tab, karbonn st10 using impactor because installing crystal_root.zip didn't work for me.
i have previously installed twrp for st10, but it didn't work as it "couldn't mount /media". so i reinstalled stock recovery from "karbonn factory reset.zip" using flash_image method.it went well.

i do not think my tab is V2, as there is no "v2" written after the serial number on the back.

I accidentally changed the "owner" and "group" values for "/root" folder in es-explorer while trying to "rw mount in root explorer"
i changed both the values to 'root', as i didn't know what the default values were. there wasn't any problem then.
but when i tried to restart the tab it wouldn't go past the starting logo.
when i try to get into recovery it wouldn't even start. after trying porwe+vol down, i have to press and keep power button for 7 or 8 sec for the screen to blink.

HELP PLZ,.. what should i do now,... i have read all the threads i can find on the net regarding this problem... all i see are solutions for ainol tabs..
plz some one reply asap,... i am a bit unfamiliar to software side,... but can understand if told to do some thing,...

ANY ONE REPLY ASAP...
thankyou..

wajahat0786

Apr 7, 2015
HEllo guys
i need help i have karbonn smart tab 10 its stuck on its boot screen what i can do for that please help me