[ROM] Karbonn Custom ST8 by fuser-invent

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Hi I have one issue. The mini HDMI port is not working for me with your custom 1.5 ROM. How to get the feature back have you disable it? How to reenable it?
I had a twrp backup of stock ROM. Mini HDMI works with that but not with your custom ROM.

I didn't disable it and don't know why it wouldn't work. Grab a logcat. Find the part where the HDMI fails and post it. I use the pastebin website to post logs. You could also compare the two build.prop files and see if I missed something. I haven't gotten any other reports of HDMI not working. Are you absolutely sure it worked with the same screen you are trying to use it on in the stock ROM?

Saurabh_Joshi

Mar 3, 2013
Yes I contested the tab to recently purchased Samsung 40" 3D LED TV. With your custom ROM but it did not detect it. So I restore the stock ROM backup the one which shipped to me by Karbonn and it worked with that. So I haven't tried your stock ROM. And what is log cat n how to use it?

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Yes I contested the tab to recently purchased Samsung 40" 3D LED TV. With your custom ROM but it did not detect it. So I restore the stock ROM backup the one which shipped to me by Karbonn and it worked with that. So I haven't tried your stock ROM. And what is log cat n how to use it?

You'll have to google that. There are tons of threads about it. It's the standard way of checking error logs in Android and necessary for reporting any problems with custom ROMs. I use ADB to check it but there is an app called catlog as well. You need to check the time stamps and log and only post the relevant lines. Devs, myself included, usually won't look through 3 pages of logs to find the 20 lines that matter for the problem. You might also want to check dmesg using ADB as you plug in the HDMI cable to make sure its loading.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Hmm, it says it's loading. I've posted in this thread to see if it's working for other people. Hopefully we'll get a response over there.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
At least one person in that thread I linked to says that it is working for them, so I'd suggest asking over there how they use it. All of my custom ROM's are built pretty much the same way, based on the stock ROM's, and HDMI works on all of them that I know of. I do know that HDMI does not work well with a lot of screens/displays and some cables on these foreign ROM's. On the 5 Ainol tablet I've owned, HDMI didn't work on most TV's, didn't work on my portable projector and didn't work on any computer monitor I tried but it did work on a handful of TV's, just not all of them.

Saurabh_Joshi

Mar 3, 2013
But it works with the stock that came from company. On the same Tv. But not with your custom ROM. With stock karbonn ROM I get an option to switch to HDMI in the notification panel. Nothing happens with custom ROM .

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
But it works with the stock that came from company. On the same Tv. But not with your custom ROM. With stock karbonn ROM I get an option to switch to HDMI in the notification panel. Nothing happens with custom ROM .

I don't know, you'll have to ask someone in that thread that has the tablet how they do it. Like I said, it shows that it's turning on in the log and someone in that other thread said they use it with the custom ROM, so maybe they can help figure out e why it's working for them but not for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4