[ROM] S22 (HW-702T) Restore Firmware

nenma

Jan 25, 2011
Use xp and boot your pad with pushing on/off button and the button return(at the right bottom) for 5 sec, then plug to pc with xp and flash it

I do all the operations but if you just leave the power button turns off ...

I also tried to press all three buttons with the power button .. in this case reveals that the PC chipset and connected via USB but you can not install the drivers. however, only lasts 5 seconds and then goes out and if I leave the buttons off.
how can I avoid off? The chipset can be burned?

saschab

Dec 3, 2010
I had the same problem. Does FWDN show a message that NAND partition size is wrong?
In this case start at point 1 and end with point 12
If not skip points 2,3,4 and 5.

1 Start FWDN, instert only the lk.rom from the firmware package I uploaded.
2 Connect to PC with USB. DO NOT CONNECT THE POWERSUPPLY !! (Without powersupply it stays on for a longer time when you hold the power button.)
3 Push and hold the power button, at the same time hold down the Enter Key on your PC keyboard (then the message with the wrong partition size is immediately confirmed with ok). FWDN should now start to format NAND
4 When it turns off before the NAND is formatted, try again...and again...and again Normally, the time it stays on is enough to format the NAND. When the status bar of formatting is complete, ignore the error message
5 Disconnect and re-connect to PC
6 Push and hold the power button again. Start uploading the lk.rom. Now your Tablet should stay on to upload lk.rom
7 when uploading was successfull disconnect and re-connect to PC
8 add the other 2 files (splash.rom and app.rom) now there are 3 files in FWDN
9 push power button and the right button on top and hold them for 5 seconds and release both, NAND should be detectet in FWDN and the green light on the power button stays on.
10 select "Low format whole memory" before download, then klick Start and wait.....
11 after uploading the upload window gets a green frame (ignore the red error messages)
12 have fun with your tablet

Last edited:

nenma

Jan 25, 2011
I had the same problem. Does FWDN show a message that NAND partition size is wrong?
In this case start at point 1 and end with point 12
If not skip points 2,3,4 and 5.

1 Start FWDN, instert only the lk.rom from the firmware package I uploaded.
2 Connect to PC with USB. DO NOT CONNECT THE POWERSUPPLY !! (Without powersupply it stays on for a longer time when you hold the power button.)
3 Push and hold the power button, at the same time hold down the Enter Key on your PC keyboard (then the message with the wrong partition size is immediately confirmed with ok). FWDN should now start to format NAND
4 When it turns off before the NAND is formatted, try again...and again...and again Normally, the time it stays on is enough to format the NAND. When the status bar of formatting is complete, ignore the error message
5 Disconnect and re-connect to PC
6 Push and hold the power button again. Start uploading the lk.rom. Now your Tablet should stay on to upload lk.rom
7 when uploading was successfull disconnect and re-connect to PC
8 add the other 2 files (splash.rom and app.rom) now there are 3 files in FWDN
9 push power button and the right button on top and hold them for 5 seconds and release both, NAND should be detectet in FWDN and the green light on the power button stays on.
10 select "Low format whole memory" before download, then klick Start and wait.....
11 after uploading the upload window gets a green frame (ignore the red error messages)
12 have fun with your tablet

Hello saschab. I had to use a slightly different procedure but the result is the same. my problem over the partition, was that the operating system did not recognize the tablet (to be specific but said he saw that the drivers were not installed). I have done so.

1) I opened the Device Manager window
2) I opened FWDN and I prepared to install the firmware
3) I connected the tablet. (by pressing the green most of the second side buttons) (the keys were held down otherwise goes out - even holding them the time was only five seconds)
4) As soon as the item "Telechips" and appeared on the screen. right click - uninstall)
5) disconnect the tablet. reconnect. At this point the system looks for drivers for the new device. I had to try three or four times given the short time available.
6) Once the device was visible from FWDN, has begun the process of formatting the NAND. (in this case I tried four or five times - and been on the tablet itself and gave me the opportunity to reinstall the firmware)

I wanted to ask you something: (thanks for the firmware first), but there is not a better one? because the original firmware (the one I had on Monday when he arrived) used the touch screen much faster and more precise than that.
You know by chance if all goes well the firmware site haipad.net 701-R 1022?

Kwaker

Jan 26, 2011
Someone have to try flash our device with it. Who will be the first hero? ) And we all will check the review of course )

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Last edited:

saschab

Dec 3, 2010
Thank you for the new link to the firmware. The file I uploaded to rapidshare is also deleted (rapidshare is very fast in deleting files...)
is it the same "original" faked 2.2 firmware? My tablet is working again after flashing this firmware. But it is working with the same problems as before. Horrible touchscreen and browser turns off very often.
I tried different browsers, installed other launcher... nothing helps.

saschab

Dec 3, 2010
I tried firmwares from StyleFlying T72/Cube U6/Pandawill G10(2nd model).
Cube U6 and G10 Firmwares are working but without the Touchscreen. StyleFlying T72 firmware does not boot :(

saschab

Dec 3, 2010
701-r doesn't work.
I had big truble to get it work and find the oiginal firmware after uploading the 701-r firmware... don't try it

Kwaker

Jan 26, 2011
Crapp, нет нормальной прошивки для наших девайсиков. Thanks for fast respond, because I want to flash my device in 30 minuts. Now we get g10 normal firmware, and we need to find what driver respond for sensor than change it in g10 firmware and flash! but how to unpack firmware data (

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I tried firmwares from StyleFlying T72/Cube U6/Pandawill G10(2nd model).
Cube U6 and G10 Firmwares are working but without the Touchscreen. StyleFlying T72 firmware does not boot :(

thank you for your worthful report!
StyleFlying T72 and G10(2nd) should be same, but don't mind ;)
S22/T72/G10(2nd)/U6 are similar. but they are different from Haipad and other telechips tablet.

here is simple rule, don't flash firmware for other models! it will brick your tablet!

if firmware compatibility depends on appearance, we can use iOS on our tablet ;)

Kwaker

Jan 26, 2011
anybody can help me to disassemble firmware data? I want to try modificate g10 firmware to fit our crappy devcie )