Rooting And Development For MID 1045

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
the cache hasn't been fixed yet I've done wipe data/factory, wipe Cache partition many time. when I use the apply update from external storage and use the temp CW recovery I can get into CW recovery but I still get the errors only they're in white now.
when I do a wipe data from CW recovery I get

-- Wipe data...
Formatting /data...
formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete.
E:Can’t open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can’t open /cache/recovery/log

E:Can’t open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can’t open /cache/recovery/last_log

-- Installing: /sdcard/cln_mid1045_011.zip
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log_install
E:Failed to open last_install:I/O error
Finding update package...
Opening update...
Installing update...

==================================================
| Flashing |
| Coby MID1045 |
| Cleaned Stock Rom V 1.1 |
| kaw 050213 |
==================================================

Install Complete. Initial reboot may take a few minutes.
Enjoy!

Install from sdcard complete

and I'm back in the CW installer

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
and still waiting

when I use the same cln_mid1045_011.zip from the stock recovery I get the verification failed and aborted
that's why I want to make my own .zip I dont get the verification fail when I use your recovery files so if I can
use one of yours with my own dump files or somehow reinstall my own dumps I think it would be fixed

again I cant thank you enough :)

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
ok 1045_stock didn't help I did a wipe data and cache before I ran it. I got when I ran it

-- Install /sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...

Install from sdcard complete.
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

how are you making these .zips so quickly is there a guide or program you use? I found this [Tool][TLC]UpdatezipCreator - xda-developers Still trying to figure out how to use it :)
in the 8042 run from sdcard do you have to do all of the ADB stuff or could I use my computer to copy file to sdcard and what is the boot_ds.img could I just use my boot.img or does it need to be edited

sorry for takeing so much of your time

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I make zips by hand, I don't like auto process as it might miss something. your problem is cache and you can't adb. I can tell you what you need to do, but not how to do it, first you need to get adb working, format a sdcard with one fat32 and one ext4 partition, boot into recovery flash fake cw recovery. Use adb to mount cache to the ext4 partition then install cw recovery to tablet, next edit boot.img to always mount ext4 partition on sdcard as cache then your will be fine, your cache partition is damaged and appears to be unrepairable, so only solution it to make another cache partition which is what I just told you via sdcard.

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
ok been doing some research and lots o learning. :):):) could someone do this for me and post the .img and mountinfo.txt use the nand? letter from the txt file for cache

adb shell "mount > /sdcard/mountinfo.txt"
adb shell su -c "cat /dev/block/nand??? > /sdcard/dump/cache.img" > NUL
adb pull /sdcard/cache.img

JinxChipper

Jun 13, 2013
Greetings all- great thread, but I'm completely lost. I just got a Coby MID1045 with ICS 4.0.4 super cheap from Amazin. This is the first tablet I've owned and I've never rooted anything before. That being said, I love this tablet but hate that I'm stuck with Getjar and can't run Google Play, and a lot of the standard android apps. From this and other threads, it appears that the solution is to root the device. Unfortunately I can't make sense of the instructions posted earlier in the thread, and it appears there were glitches with some of the steps or utilities during the process.
The good news is that despite my lack of expertise, I am at least a High-end Moron capable of following instructions and reporting the results. Can someone post or send me, current step-by-step instructions w/links for utilities on what I need to do to optimize my 1045 tablet? As an added bonus- if step one could be: How to create a backup/recovery of it's (not someone else's) current factory load, and how to reinstall in the event of brickage or screw-up during the later rooting steps. (The other threads I've read were all over the place on this, and OPs later reported issues, which didn't exactly encourage me to follow their recipe.

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
JinxChipper you might be my savior don't do anything yet
Traveller1701 if you can add the lines above to your root and recovery then we would have a cache.img :):)

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
ok JinxChipper to root and recovery use . Thats what I use and it worked great
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ead-first-development-index-root-utility.html

Then use Vampirefo's ClockWork recovery, this wasn't available when I rooted my tab and if I had this installed before my tab died I would not have the problems I have now. download this file put it on your SDcard and reboot into recovery mode hold power and vol - untill you get recovery. then vol - to install update from sd
1045_recovery_signed.zip

the root and recovery tool from traveller1701 makes a backup that has 4 files in it boot.img, bootloader.img, recovery.img, and system.tzg it needs to make one more file cache.img. I hope he will add this to his recovery, then with that file I can fix my tab

once you are rooted then you can install the google play store and other google apps

Last edited:

JinxChipper

Jun 13, 2013
unasoto- Thanks a million! I've been chasing my tail all over the forums and not really getting anywhere- but think I have a good start from those threads. I've got some more reading/research to do before I begin, and I want to make sure I have done all the possible prep work. (plus I'm waiting on a new SD card and stuff to arrive). For laymen it's hard to cram for all the knowledge needed to feel confident with rooting/modding. From reading the threads it also seems like some 'senior' folks have a superiority complex. I think they should realize that it's not unrealistic for an average joe to want to get the most out of their device, and save some cash. By coming to a forum we are acknowledging that others ARE more knowledgable, and are asking them to tell us what to do. Some of the snarky comments seniors post say a lot about their character. Anyhoo- enough soapboxing. Thanks again.
Questions- What action/configuration in the process after installing Clockworkmod allows you to install Google Apps, or utilize the Play Store -on what would be an otherwise unsupported device? (Coby 1045 for me)
From the off-site reading, i found that others have done this by changing or at least spoofing the device build.prop to match a supported device. Is this occuring somewhere in the 20120429 package? Or does this require using MarketHelper or a similar app as an additional step? (Forgive me if this is deemed moronic by elitists- but I'd like to know what is occuring during root and subsequent steps, and how to get full use of Android apps).