No clockworkmod recovery?

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
First i would like to say that I have been searching this site for the last two days and am really impressed with the amount of knowledge and support available. Just picked up a Nook Color 2 days ago and using veryGreens(EDIT: found on xda forum) method have installed CM7 RC4 with dalingrin OC and everything has been running perfectly.

Problem is i cant get into CWR to do a back-up.(want to install RC2 tablet tweaks but being new to this i would like to backup first.

I downloaded or rather updated Rom Manager, granted it superuser access, flashed CWR 3.0.0.5, rebooted, then tried to reboot into recovery (with CWR 3.0.1 .zip on sd card) to update CWR, then was planning to do a backup.

Problem is i cant boot into recovery. Tried doing it manually by holding N and power, the penguin will show up, a script will run, then it just reboots(after holding down power button) always seems to stick at reboot(known issue?). Also tried reboot into recovery from rom manager and by holding power button/choosing reboot/then recovery. None are working. Just reboots back to CM7.

I put the sd card back into my PC and didnt see a clockwork mod folder on the card. I should have a folder there correct?

Sorry if this particular issue has been covered, i searched for hours, tried several things but have gotten very frustrated, along with the wife.

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I am a little confused as to where you are and how you got there. If You had cm7 rc4 installed you were already in cwm 3.0.1 all you had to do was select reboot to recovery n backup
Not sure why you went back to 3.0.5
To install rc2 you just copy the rc2 zip into your SD, go to rom manager reboot to recovery then install from SD

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds like you may have got a bad CWR install (3.0.0.5 shouldn't work with CM7 builds due to Ext3/Ext4 issues). I am with AT, not sure why you flashed 3.0.0.5. At this ppoint I think you have two options for trying to get a good CWR.

1. Try flashing from CWM again and choose Nook Color (not old). Reboot. Put a 3.0.1 CWR zip on an SD and reboot into recovery with the SD car and CWR zip in place. Then flash CWR 3.0.1.

2. Create a bootable SD card. Place the CWR 3.0.1 zip on the card. Insert, boot and flash CWR 3.0.1.

Last edited:

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
Thank you for your fast replies. Like i said im pretty new to this. I didnt think there was any CWR installed because everytime i attempted to get into it my Nook would just reboot back to CM7. Never saw the recovery screen with options to backup/install/udate/wipe etc. When i went into Rom manager at first it didnt show CWR was flashed so i chose to flash CWR. It said it was successful, i rebooted, then tried to go into recovery and it wouldn't, just rebooted. I chose nook color (old) is that my problem?

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
OK well i just went back to Rom Manager chose flash CWR, chose Nook Color(not old), it successfully flashed 3.0.1.

I rebooted, then went back into Rom Manager chose boot to recovery and it just reboots right back to CM7.

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
Tried-2. Create a bootable SD card. Place the CWR 3.0.1 zip on the card. Insert, boot and flash CWR 3.0.1.

Put it on another sd card i had laying around. It booted into CWR installed 3.0.1 from zip file. Rebooted, reinstalled sd card with CM7 RC4, tried booting into CWR and it just reboots CM7. I noticed when the penguin comes up and runs a script on one of the lines it says something about B&N detected emmc first, not sure if thats relevant or not. Really appreciate and help you can give me. I just want to flash RC2 but without being able to get into CWR i can't.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wait a second if you just said what I think you said you are running CM7 RC4 on a bootable card? That would be the problem. You will always boot to the OS on the card as long as it is installed. No way to get to CWR from there.

Sorry, I also see you want to flash RC2. Put the RC2 zip file on the boottable card you just created with the CWR on it. Boot into CWR using that card then flash RC2 zip onto emmc.

JP

Last edited:

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
Oh OK! Was thinking it might have had to due with it running on a bootable card. If I install RC2 to emmc will i still be able to boot from the CM7 card if I choose to do so?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, you can always boot off any card to get to that OS and then remove it to boot to whatever is internal.

:D

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
ok i think we need to clarify a couple of things here - as J515OP suggested, it might be a good idea to start over clean, then create a bootable card, once you have a bootable CWM with 3.01 just copy the Rc2 zip file into th SD card, insert the SD card into nook, reboot. You should be in recovery mode, select install zip from SD and point to the RC2 file. After that is done press the power button, momentarily, the recovery should bring you back to the listing that says "reboot now', use the volume keys to go down to mounts and storage, then select unmount SD card, after that, remove the SD card and reboot

Oh OK! Was thinking it might have had to due with it running on a bootable card. If I install RC2 to emmc will i still be able to boot from the CM7 card if I choose to do so?