Rooting Branded Allwinner A31-Based Tablet

calirefugee

Jul 8, 2014
hi everyone i have simbans brand model m1016 allwinner a31 based tablet my relevant specs are on my profile , im running into several issues i need to know how to back up the existing rom so i can restore if i brick it , the manufacture in its infinite wisdom (insert sarcastic laugh here) decided to partition the internal flash memory as a result its not allowing me to move my apps to my 32gb sd card , its moving the apps to the second partition of the internal flash memory instaid as a result im running out of space just putting my basic apps, it has a quad core a31 cpu 5gb of flash i think 512mb of ram and it has dual cameras , bluetooth ,wifi ,i think it has mobile internet capability , if you need anymore info reply ty for your time and advice in advance ps the main things i need to do is back up rom have a way to restore it, if something goes wrong , a reliable rom or exploit , and drivers for the tablet ,windows update detected actatell drivers which seem to be working but need to be somewhat sure

calirefugee

Jul 8, 2014
i found a way to get root ill test everything thoroughly then post where i got it from in a day or two the only problem is i have things in both chinese and english , i had a few quirks but it seems to be working good where i got it from was http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/android-hacking-tweaking/chinese-root-software-4763.html i used vroot was super easy i just had to re install supersu completely to make everything run smooth from what i understand this works with all allwinner dual and quad core tablets i hope this helps ,now my next challenge is getting it to move apps to my 32gb sd card instaid of the second partition on the internal memory or mergeing the partitions so it will move them correctly

Last edited:

calirefugee

Jul 8, 2014
day two everything seems to still be running smoothly im getting another a31 based tablet next month but that one already has root out of the box and giving this one to someone in need

michaellowe

Apr 13, 2012
i found a way to get root ill test everything thoroughly then post where i got it from in a day or two the only problem is i have things in both chinese and english , i had a few quirks but it seems to be working good where i got it from was http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/android-hacking-tweaking/chinese-root-software-4763.html i used vroot was super easy i just had to re install supersu completely to make everything run smooth from what i understand this works with all allwinner dual and quad core tablets i hope this helps ,now my next challenge is getting it to move apps to my 32gb sd card instaid of the second partition on the internal memory or mergeing the partitions so it will move them correctly
Hi the link you provide to tablet republic page just directs to a 404 page not found? Any ideas??