Rooting the Augen Gentouch

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
It's not showing the card even with the device upa nd running regular,...as in not in clockwork recovery?

then i'd say try reinserting your card first.. then if that didn't so it.. try another card... and still no luck .. it's prob the tablet.. :(

AND.. for further ref... the menu in clockwork that will allow you to mount the sd is the one called "partitions"... it's down about the 4th or 5th option... there's actually an option to even mount a usb drive... haven't tried that yet.. will post when i do...

Are there any specific specs for the SD card, I should use, it is a regular micro SD CARD, Right ??, and are there any specific class the SC card that should be used ??

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I'm thinking any microSD UP TO 16GB will work fine... just be careful inserting it.. the card slot is a tad big.. and if you're not careful it will fall into the tablets inards...lol

Last edited:

sgspearman

Aug 19, 2010
I can't get my Augen rooted - it fails at the step where it is recognized in Device Manager on my Windows 7 system. Instead of showing up as "Android Eclair" like is indicated, it only shows up as 2 or 3 portable device drives . I then get a chance to mount it on the Tablet drop down menu, but that just gives one of the devices showing up in My Computer pointing to an area on the SD card (I think). I did apply the firmware update from Augen. Am I just missing something obvious? Thanks for any help!

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
I can't get my Augen rooted - it fails at the step where it is recognized in Device Manager on my Windows 7 system. Instead of showing up as "Android Eclair" like is indicated, it only shows up as 2 or 3 portable device drives . I then get a chance to mount it on the Tablet drop down menu, but that just gives one of the devices showing up in My Computer pointing to an area on the SD card (I think). I did apply the firmware update from Augen. Am I just missing something obvious? Thanks for any help!
bad mistake applying the firmware update from augen first
you are going to have to get rid of that update somehow before you install adb

sgspearman

Aug 19, 2010
Bummer - hadn't seen any warnings on that. Do you know what they changed that keeps it from being recognized the same way?

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
Bummer - hadn't seen any warnings on that. Do you know what they changed that keeps it from being recognized the same way?
nothing changes

however before you do adb, it is the first driver update you do to the augen and when you apply the official drivers first, it recognizes them instead of the adb ones

sgspearman

Aug 19, 2010
OK, the problem wasn't the new firmware. I had turned off USB debugging so it wasn't connecting correctly to finish the adb. Turned that back on and finished the instructions and it's rooted fine now.

manfly9884

Jun 18, 2010
I have way of turning debugging on. Where can I find the way to turn it back on. In my tablet it is not under settings/development

JesterDroid

Aug 20, 2010
hey everyone! so i just wanted to say im glad there is a GT forum here! i am jesterdroid from AndroidSpin & XDA. So i have plenty of experience in android with root and ADB. maybe its me or maybe since i dont use a windows machine to dev on. but i cannot ADB into my GT... im on Ubuntu 10.04 setup with all my SDK Goodies. so, what am i doing wrong? whenever i try to push or even just get to shell i get "insufficient permissions for this device" if i do a "adb devices" i get in the list "?????????? no permissions"
thanks again!

JesterDroid

JesterDroid

Aug 20, 2010
Whats funny is i open DDMS and it shows 2 devices in the list as just "????????????? ??"
just to give more info for ya guys.. thanks

JesterDroid

JesterDroid

Aug 20, 2010
ok so after playing with it a couple days, i figured it out in case someone else in ubuntu is trying to gain adb shell access

first you have to open "Root Terminal" under applications/system tools
then get to your tools folder in your sdk
"in my case it is root@ubuntu:/home/jester/android-sdk/tools#"
once you are there you need to kill the server.. restart it.. then remount it.... so...
./adb kill-server (make sure it has the Dot Slash "./" in front of adb... )
./adb start-server
./adb remount

that is it.. exit out of root terminal and go back to regular terminal to do your adb shell /push /install whatever

jester@ubuntu:~$adb shell (in regular terminal dont worry about the slash dot "./"

#

your in! any questions let me know...

JesterDroid