Rooting the Augen Gentouch

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Rooting the tablet allows you to install rooted apps such as SetCPU, which controls the CPU clock speed.

You need to know how to use ADB: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...esource-how-use-adb-android-debug-bridge.html

Alternately, install DroidExplorer

Mirrored from Augendev Wiki:

Getting Root Access
Use ChainsDD/xinx's Superuser.apk/su from here: [APP] Superuser 2.2.2 - Install fixed (really this time) [2010-07-07] - xda-developers
For Eclair / Froyo (Android 2.1 / 2.2)
Main Link (Thanks ChainsDD)
Mirror (Thanks TDRevolution.com)
md5: 795cdef65fb782854721ab91ae7139b7

1. Unzip the update.zip on to your computer.
  2. Run the following from your computer (or from a terminal on your Tablet)
adb push ./system/app/Superuser.apk /system/app/
adb push ./system/xbin/su /system/xbin
adb shell rm /system/bin/su
adb shell ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
adb shell reboot

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not really. Someone should write a batch script for this

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
it's an app on the market that does do a batch scrit for rooting Android.... did it like 15 sec with one button tap on my Droid one... supposed to work on most all 2.1 devices.. but i think it utilizes a flaw in android that has to do with toggling the bluetooth widget... since this thing doesn't have that i wonder if it might work? any one heard?

Xcountry

Jul 31, 2010
I rooted the GT last night per instructions from xda. Took me all of two minutes to do it! Pretty easy!

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Rooted and installed clockwork recovery...

Bring on the overclocking.... :)

anyone actualy know of any roms that can be flashed as of yet?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
HMMMMM...

rooted my Gentouch the other evening and had access to shell comand in the terminal....

I did the "su" command to make sure i really had root and it gae me the "#" as expected...

BUT i tried last night hjsut for giggles (confiriming because if you have root you should be able to do most of the commands to for the market fix from the terminal, amended of course) ... it gave me an error that it couldn't access and an error code of 1074