[Rumor] New Nexus 7 with 3G Connectivity May Be Coming 'In around six weeks'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
nexus7-back-soft-light.jpeg

Here's some interesting news. How does a 3G connected Google Nexus 7 sound? Probably not as good as a 4G one, but the possibility of moving beyond WiFi is still fairly interesting regardless, and according to the rumor-mill, we may get that "in around six weeks." Paul O'Brien of MoDaCo, claims that a "very well placed insider" shared that a 3G-connected version of the tab will be coming in about a month and a half. So far, this "intel" doesn't reveal any details regarding pricing or carrier availability, but stay tuned. Perhaps the rumor will pan out with some solid data.

How many of you guys would be interested in a 3G version of the Nexus 7?

Source: NexusTablets.net via AndroidPolice

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hmm, this addition might make this the perfect dashboard tablet for a vehicle.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Lenovo got the 3g connectivity as well on their A2107.....hope they don't start suing each other! :-D

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
Things like this don't really matter much in countries like Canada with little to no good data plans. There are a small handful of unlimited data plans and they have major restrictions which make them nearly worthless. I, for one, don't see this as any help to a tablet that is so restricted on needing wifi for the cloud/extra storage.

I'd much rather see a SD slot, then I'd consider selling my A100 to make the switch.