[Rumor/ News] New Updates for Nook & Nook Color This Week!?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
swpalady @ nookboards.com
The B&N district manager comes into the store where I work. He came in last week and told me he was going to a meeting that regarding a new update. Today he came in and I asked him about it and he said a new update is coming this Thursday for the Nook and Nook Color! Of course he couldn't tell me what was in it but he said I was going to love it. He said the update for the Nook classic was bigger than the Nook Color. Now I can't wait till Thursday!
New Update Coming This Week!

Not sure if there is truth to this, but still interesting. :) There has been B&N employee rumors before. Usually updates for either device are never on the same date so I have my doubts.

Last edited:

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
It'll be nice, if true, as it's what I've been waiting for (Flash). But the comment that the update for the original will be bigger? What could be bigger than the 2.1 to 2.2 update for the NC?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Read once again, the bigger update is for Nook Classic, not Nook Color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Well although the info was incorrect for the date of the new update, it in fact is coming sometime in April. What I'm most looking forward to seeing is, since there will be apps, B&N must have designed in a bottom status bar, which is what many NC users running any android operating system are looking forward to.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
HSN is displying a NC with 2.2 on it right now. It is playing flash content. Looks pretty cool.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
HSN is displying a NC with 2.2 on it right now. It is playing flash content. Looks pretty cool.

Really? Are you sure it was running 2.2? hmm I hope a YouTube clip of the new os surfaces.

Last edited:

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
Really? Are you sure it was running 2.2? hmm I hope a YouTube clip of the new os surfaces.

You can watch the video here on their site.

Code:
http://electronics.hsn.com/nook-color-7-readers-wi-fi-tablet-with-apps_p-6392436_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=6392436&ocm=hpr

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
You can watch the video here on their site.

Code:
http://electronics.hsn.com/nook-color-7-readers-wi-fi-tablet-with-apps_p-6392436_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=6392436&ocm=hpr

Thanks.

lol what a crock hsn. As I thought, they are running a rooted NC, with angry birds. It's probably 2.1 rooted. They also say they will be fist getting 2.2 next month when if fact all owners will have opportunity to get the update at the same time.

Last edited:

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
They also say they're including 100 free BN "classic" ebooks. I'm betting these are public domain classics you can get anywhere for free.

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
Any thoughts on if the B&N update in April will include native OS support for Copy/Paste? I seem recall Android 2.2 is when that was included so if this update is based on 2.2 what are the chances of getting better copy/paste support? That would be nice for those of us with a rooted B&N rom.....

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Any thoughts on if the B&N update in April will include native OS support for Copy/Paste? I seem recall Android 2.2 is when that was included so if this update is based on 2.2 what are the chances of getting better copy/paste support? That would be nice for those of us with a rooted B&N rom.....

Well don't expect it to be everywhere, it should be better on certain apps. Only Android 2.3 (gingerbread) has system wide copy and paste ability. BUt for the most part many api8 (android 2.2) apps at this point support copy and paste. All the email apps most certain will. And since the operating system will change, it should be the same for rooted and non-rooted alike.