[Rumor] Samsung New 10.1" Tablet at MWC - May Be Galaxy Tab 2 - with Qualcomm Chip

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
samsung-honeycomb-10-inch-tablet-mwc.jpg

That a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is probably coming to MWC, is not really new info at the moment, but some rumors have suggested some interesting details on this new device. For one, it is supposedly smaller than the iPad, yet has a larger screen. This would be an excellent feat of engineering, especially when you take into consideration the second tidbit of info. This Honeycomb-based, Samsung Tablet, that we suspect is the aforementioned Galaxy Tab 2, will come with a Qualcomm dual-core chip instead of Samsung's own Exynos 4210 (formerly known as Orion) cpu. It would be strange for Samsung to not use their own dual-core chip for their flagship tablet; however, it's entirely possible that the Exynos was simply not ready in time to start producing the new Tablet in the marketing time-frame that Samsung was targeting. We will know for sure on the Sunday portion of MWC.

Source: Engadget via Pocket-Lint

pi911

Aug 23, 2010
The iPad has a ridiculous bezel. And they are obsessed with making their products thinner - how about a thinner bezel!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well actually, the bezel is a good place to hold the thing. You can't hold it in one hand because it is too wide, and the capacitive touchscreen registers touches too easily for it not to have one.

superbike81

Jan 3, 2011
I never even touch the bezel when I hold my iPad. There could be a 1/4" thick bezel and I would hever touch it. I use the palms of my hands to hold it on the edges. If i've got it resting on my chest on the couch or in bed I use my two middle fingers to hold it up and type and scroll with my thumbs. I guess if you wanted to hold it with one hand the bezel might make a difference, but I never hold it that way, I didn't think anyone did. Am I doing it differently than other people?

superbike81

Jan 3, 2011
Well isn't the 7" Galaxy Tab still like $500 off-contract?

If so, i'd expect this one to be probably $600 at least.

Hopefully if they announce it this weekend they actually announce a price and release date.