[Rumor] Samsung Will Announce Next-Gen Android Tablet at MWC in February

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Samsung-Exynos.jpg

There is a rumor floating around that Samsung may be debuting a new next-gen tablet at Mobile World Congress in February. Samsung has made it clear that they will not be showing off the SGS3 at MWC yet, but they promised "interesting stuff". This new "stuff" could be a tablet with a dual-core 2GHz Exynos 5250 processor, a larger than 10-inch display with WXQGA (2560 x 1600 pixels) resolution and Ice Cream Sandwich.

The rumor was spawned because supposedly, someone spotted a prototype of the tablet at CES. Supposedly, this new Exynos 5250 "chip should produce twice the computing power, increased memory bandwidth, and five times the graphics horsepower as the current generation of CPUs, as well as all-day battery life". If this is not vaporware, and if Sammy can sell it at a competitive price point, then then we could be in for a treat next month.

Source: BGR
Image Source: FoneHome.co.uk

NeoTiger

Jan 27, 2012
I don't know ... 10,1" at 1280x800 sounds just fine for me. Making tablets larger makes them harder to hold with one hand. Giving them higher resolution costs more rendering performance and forces app developers to bloat file sizes with even higher resolution graphic assets.

And considering that running an Android Virtual Device on your PC for app development at 1280x800 already feels sluggish as hell, debugging it on an emulation with four times the display size must be a royal pain in the ass!

Step in the wrong direction, Samsung.

profmad32

Dec 31, 2011
As a fanatic android fan, I hope it's compatible with the previous apk's.
I'll try to have it whatever the price.
Hoping not too high