[Rumors] 3D Display on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - do what!?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
A video (posted below) has surfaced, hinting at what all the Galaxy Tab would come with. What we like most is the inclusion of a 3D display in the specs list. Apart from this, the rumored features include a whole lot of alluring stuff.

The device is expected to come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and we guess Samsung will later on upgrade it to the Honeycomb OS. The 3D display will be coming in after the upgrade to Honeycomb, probably.

Other features in the tablet which will be powered by Nvidia’s Tegra 2 chip, will include Gorilla Glass display, 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with dual-LED flash, 3-megapixel front-facing camera, 1080p video recording and 64GB of internal memory.

The screen real estate will be noteworthy with a 7-inch user interface, which will boast of 2048 x 1200 Super AMOLED Plus properties.

The connectivity aspect will be taken care of by 3G, USB port Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0. The device will hide under the hood a microSD card slot, 1GB of RAM, Accelerometer and will also come with a compass and barometer.

The video gives just sketchy details, but then as we said the specs list stem from a rumor. We are now waiting for official confirmation form Samsung. Watch this space, as we go searching for more on the Galaxy Tab successor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arun01

Jan 11, 2011
The display resolution blows the Motorola Xoom away ...arrrgghhh i was hoping to get the Xoom but i might better wait lol

superbike81

Jan 3, 2011
That much resolution on a 7" screen is way overkill IMO. I'm sure it will be nice to look at, but I wonder if the processor can handle running high quality games at that resolution without frame drops?