Russel - New Member

Russel

May 28, 2012
Hello everyone!

I just registered here and would like to thank the powers that be as well as the other members for maintaining such a nice forum. I have been into computers for years running Windows and Linux. I like to build them and enjoy using them. I have finally decided to get a tablet and just completed and order for an Asus TF101 A-1 with docking station. So, I figured that I would take a look around for Android forums to do a little learing while I wait for my new toy to arrive, and I found this forum. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute to the forums when I become a little more familiar with Android and my new toy.

Russ

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Russ,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new TF101. Glad you found us, nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. To become a little more familiar with Android, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning of the section and hopefully you'll get a little better understanding of Androids. In particular, I'd suggest you read http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-one-guide-how-start-your-android-tablet.html before playing with your new tablet. After that, you may wish to head over to the Asus Tablets forum and look through the threads there to get an idea what's happening with regard to your new toy. If you need any help/information for the new tablet, someone in the Asus Tablets forum should be able to help you out and there's also our Transformer forum located right here Asus Transformer Tablet Forum Hope that helps a little, at least it'll help you fill the time while you're waiting for that new toy to arrive. Enjoy the forum and your new tablet!

Spider

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new tablet!

Check the forum favorites link in my signature. It will help answer many of your questions that you didn't even know you had.

Cheers

Russel

May 28, 2012
Wow! Thank you all for the warm welcome and suggested reading! I appriciate being pointed in the right direction. I'm sure I'll have questions once I've gotten my feet wet.

Russ

Russel

May 28, 2012
Woo Hoo! I just got the Asus TF101 ordered today! I promise to keep it dry. Thanks for the welcome everyone, I'm off to explore my new tablet. (This is the first post from my new tablet!)