S7 for T-Mobile Customers

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
I've seen the information posted for using the S7 on AT&T, has anyone got the settings for using it on T-Mobile's network?

I stopped by the local Best Buy to look at the tablet, the screen seemed less than responsive compared to my phone. Instead of tap and swipe, it was more like press and drag.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^ u r right, it is press instead of tab but i thought that was just because i have not as yet taken off my plastic screen protector, will have to take it off eventually and try it i guess...

PaulM

Nov 22, 2010
I'm using an S7 on TMobile right now. Calls are no problem, but the data is on the EDGE network not 3G. Works fine but
really slow, if I can get S7 on 3G I would be a happy camper. I'm using a pre-paid sim so I don't know if it would be
different if you used a regular TMob sim.

I really like the S7, for the money it's the best thing out there by far.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^its def the best value for the money; hopefully someone else is using it on TMO 3G and we can update the apn info;

(I dont think prepaid should make a difference though)

419guy

Nov 17, 2010
I have T-Mobile also. It will only work on Edge because this phone does not have the 1700 band, T-Mobile USA uses the 1700/2100 MHz AWS Band for its 3G network. The 1900 band will work with T-Mobile on Edge.

Last edited:

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
I have T-Mobile also. It will only work on Edge because this phone does not have the 1700 band, T-Mobile USA uses the 1700/2100 MHz AWS Band for its 3G network. The 1900 band will work with T-Mobile on Edge.

That's a total turnoff! I like this table a lot...I would love to have 3G..

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
I bought a T-Mobile prepaid sim for tethering use when in a pinch. You can get 24 hours of data for $1.49. While this is not a T-Mobile 3G compatible device, in my area Ive gotten as high as 200k on EDGE which is barable for web surfing.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I bought a T-Mobile prepaid sim for tethering use when in a pinch. You can get 24 hours of data for $1.49. While this is not a T-Mobile 3G compatible device, in my area Ive gotten as high as 200k on EDGE which is barable for web surfing.

Tmobus APN for non smartphone data -
internet2.voicestream.com
no user
no password

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Okay, curiousity decided to perch on my shoulder.

Folks say 3G on TMO ain't happenin cause of the frequency band they use.

What about their new 4G network? Anyone know what band it uses?

Lorrendor

Dec 23, 2010

Aye! I've achieved up to 500k on Edge here in Los Angeles using T-Mobile Pay As You Go (Prepaid) SIM. Pretty decent! Don't forget to download the My Account App in the market for T-Mobile. You can view your usage, balance, and there is a link to purchase a web day pass!