Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Won't Charge

annachi

Apr 22, 2013
HELP!
yes, I've seen something like this on other threads but I couldn't really find an answer, so please, hear me out.
I'm going nuts! So I bought my samsung galaxy note 10.1 around 3 months ago it was fine until a week ago. I couldn't charge it no matter what I tried. At first I just turned off my device and it charged. the second time it didn't help but magically I still managed to charge it. But now it won't charge no matter what I do or how long will I charge.
When I connect the charger it shows that device is charging, but it's actually not. when it gets so low as 1% it turns off and doesn't start. But magically I still manage to do something. yesterday I tried charging it with my computer. It showed red X on charging sign but it charged, thought my pc couldn't detect the device. (at first time it detected thought even without Kies) I was almost happy and relieved but in overnight it only gained 38% and wouldn't charge any more.
I went through everything I could find but there's no real answer on my problem. I don't know if it's chargers or device fault I even rebooted it, but didn't help.
I'm confused and don't know what to do? So if anyone gives me a little advice I can rely on, I'll make that person my lifetime hero (yes, that's how desperate I am). If it can help in any way my sam (samsung) is Wifi only 16MG and WHITE!!!
HELP!

raju201239

Mar 23, 2012
Charging issue may cause due to these main reasons:-
1. Adapter Fault
2. Adapter to Device cable fault
3. Internal Battery Fault.

If its charging device connecting USB in computer then battery is fine. Try to replace adapter Or you can visit nearest Customer Care center.

annachi

Apr 22, 2013
Ok, thank you guys. BUT my sam IS really WEIRD. yesterday I charged it on the wall with no hope of charging but this morning when I woke up it was 100% full.
Is my sam rebelling against me?:confused:

tchaick

Sep 2, 2013
I tried changing the USB cable and now perfectly works! I tried based on the suggestions in this forum. Tried and Tested! DOUBLE confirmed! Thanks to all!

Dina_Han

Sep 14, 2013
Hello there.:p
I have had the same problem as you and i have fixed it! i will tell you how. i bought my tablet 3 months ago as well. but then the same thing happened to my tablet about a week ago at Wednesday! i kept on plugging it onto every single plugs in my house but still didn't work.:confused::confused::confused: i bought mine at Harvey Norman an my friend told me that she had the same problem as mine. (she has the same tablet as me.):eek::eek: she told me that she had that problem for a while now and got it fixed. she told me that every device has a 1 year warranty, which meant that you can fix it in a year from when you bought it. all you have to do is go to the place where you bought it from and go to the costumer service, then tell them about you situation. then after a few ten minutes, you are done! then they say that they will send it back to the Samsung company to fix it. they say that it will take about 2 weeks and then they will call you. after they call you, they will say that you can pick it up from that place. then you bring it home and then test it!:eek::eek::);):D:p

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I have found that one needs to use the OEM adapter and cable that came with the package. Anything else will give you the red X indicating that the unit is discharging.

Also make sure you insert the 30 pin plug properly into the tablet.

Last edited:

Orendain08

Oct 15, 2013
You might have to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 OS (Operating System).

My Galaxy Note 10.1 just stopped charging properly 3 days ago. Sometimes, it would just show a red X mark over the battery icon when it was plugged to the charger. Other times, it would show the lightning bolt sign in the battery icon but would go as far as 27% after an all night charging period.

I tried rooting my tablet several times by pressing the power button and volume then resetting it. This did not work.

Yesterday, a notification from Samsung just popped up while my unit was connected to the charger and a wireless internet connection, that I had to update my Jellybean OS. I just pressed the OK button to authorize the update installation. This took over an hour. After this, my battery functioned normally again and was able to fully charge as usual.

You can also download the updated OS for your Galaxy Note 10.1 from the official Samsung Website and installing it on your tablet while it is plugged.

Hope this helps

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It seems unlikely the charging issue would have anything to do with an update unless it happened right after the update.
Did the update you got change the Android version or was it just the app. 62 Meg update that was sent out recently?

Orendain08

Oct 15, 2013
It seems unlikely the charging issue would have anything to do with an update unless it happened right after the update.
Did the update you got change the Android version or was it just the app. 62 Meg update that was sent out recently?

I think it was just an update of the Jellybean version that was installed almost a year ago. The update notification came from Samsung and, if I remember correctly, it did say that it would fix bugs. I just figured that the update did the trick as my battery immediately charged up to full capacity as it used to.

Orendain08

Oct 15, 2013

I'm back to square one. My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is at it again. After a day of a fully charged battery, It's not charging again. It's showing a red X mark over the battery icon again while plugged to the charger. What could be problem and right solution? Thanks

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I had a problem once and it turned out some foreign matter had gotten in the charging port and kept one of the pins from making contact. I would make sure the cable is tight at the usb connection and make sure everything is clear first. Then I would probably use it until it completely discharges and shuts down and see if it will recalibrate the battery although the red x implies it probably isn't a calibration issue.