Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I found another super
cool video for the Galaxy Note

Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited by a moderator:

ALittleBoy

Mar 23, 2012
I'm still planning on buying the note, and I still want it.. But I asked a friend of mine 'which happens to love android' and he said that it's too big, lags, and just not suitable for high school students. And he told me I'd better get the nexus. He was planning on buying it too but he tried it and didn't like it so he went for the galaxy S2.

Personally, I don't mind its size, but I don't know about the other issues..

What do you guys think ?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
So, you are a little boy,still in high school! I don't really know how to judge what's suitable for a high school guy in terms of phones, all I know is that I didn't really find any issue with my note. Find a store that sell it and try it, so you can decide for yourself, don't listen to friends who don't even own one! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I played with it in AT&T over the weekend and really liked it. It is large though and really a phablet more than a phone. They removed the S Pen so I had to use my finger but was really impressed with the accuracy of the screen. I could draw and write with my finger better than on any other device I have tried before. With the S Pen it must be just like writing on regular paper.

Although I really like it I do have doubts about it's practicality for an every day phone due to its size. If I had a purse (idon'tknow :))or was a power user (e.g. student, business use) I think it would be great. Just not so much for casual phone use.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Very cool video, I should add creative artist type to the power user group :D

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
So many great videos about the note...well its so popular, even elephants like the phablet!

Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited by a moderator:

ALittleBoy

Mar 23, 2012
So I finally got the galaxy note.. But I have one last question regarding the battery :p

When I got it, I only left it to charge for about 30 minutes and then started using it.. will this permanently affect the battery life and make it shorter ? =/

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Congratulation on your note, little boy, you are probably the envy of everybody in school! Don't worry about the battery ,I don't think it got damaged, just enjoy your new toy!:)

Samsung Galaxy Note

ALittleBoy

Mar 23, 2012
Haha, I call bull**** on whoever said it doesn't suit a student, It's perfect for writing notes to remind of me doing homework, papers, etc. Plus it runs all the things I want it to do just perfectly.. And better than any other phone I tried!

Browsing with it is great, and the battery didn't fail me yet as it can make it through the whole day =)

423i.png

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
What did your friend say, the one who said the note wasn't right for you? Red with envy?

Samsung Galaxy Note

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Guys & Gloria,

I have just ordered a note from T Mobile UK & will collect it tomorrow from my brother who works for T Mobile, I have also ordered some nice accesories from Amazon & eBay including a case, extended battery, HDMI / USB dock & 64gig micro sd card.

I'm fairly new to android but been learning fast, I have the hybrid car stereo & android tablet known as the DM7033 AKA ES777 & have received loads of help from forum members in the thread about it.

I'm looking foward to playing with my new toy & have been so impressed with android that I have also got a 7" allwinner 8gb 1.2ghz ICS (£90 delivered from eBay) tablet for my grandsons forthcoming 8th birthday & have been busy loading games, apps & bookmarks on it for him.

I look forward to getting my note & joining in this thread with you all.

Mark :cool:

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Mark, welcome! Great....a note...you'll love it more than anything else, I thing:) I got a case from e bay as well but I had to return it. I thought it was the same i saw at BestBuy and since Best Buy doesn't sell them yet, I ordered it online but the ones sold online don't close well and you still see the glue ,they are poorly made. As you can see nobody really post on the note threads, probably because nobody needs anything,the note works out of the box and is great! Enjoy i! !!
gloria

Samsung Galaxy Note

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Mark, welcome! Great....a note...you'll love it more than anything else, I thing:) I got a case from e bay as well but I had to return it. I thought it was the same i saw at BestBuy and since Best Buy doesn't sell them yet, I ordered it online but the ones sold online don't close well and you still see the glue ,they are poorly made. As you can see nobody really post on the note threads, probably because nobody needs anything,the note works out of the box and is great! Enjoy i! !!
gloria

Samsung Galaxy Note

Hi Gloria,

Thanks for the welcome, I received the usb/hdmi dock & the car kit this morning, but me picking up the phone from my brother has been put back to tomorrow or Saturday :-( the wait is doing me in ! but I'm sure it will be worth it !

Mark :cool:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
gloria

Samsung Galaxy Note

Hi Gloria i am thinking about getting a note. Intereted in how the stylus works. Is it responsive as using a pen? Does convert to text when needed? Oh and have you tried ics rom on it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

ALittleBoy

Mar 23, 2012
Has anyone with the note tried using a ROM ? I'm sick of the Gingerbread, and there is some lag when browsing or using twitter (tweetcaster).. I don't know if a ROM will fix it though..