Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and OBD II Pairing/Connecting Problem

BAAS1ZN

Dec 28, 2012
I have a Samsung tab 2 P5100, this is my first android device! i bought it for the sole reason to connect to my car's OBD.(On-Board Diagnostics) via a Bluetooth obd adapter
[ELM327 E-327 v1.5 Interface Bluetooth OBD2] using Torque app pro on Google play.

The problem is , it connect and pairs with the tablet the adapter is displayed as paired in Bluetooth settings!

but when torque pro is opened I choose connect via Bluetooth , a screen keeps appearing every 5 seconds please enter Bluetooth pin. the same happens if i use another application like palmers dashcommand to connect to the Bluetooth OBD.

Please help

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi BAAS1ZN. The pin should be 1234. That's the default password for the ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2.
Happy New Year!

BAAS1ZN

Dec 28, 2012
Thanx , i got it paired , but as soon as i start program it wants pin again and keeps on popping up until the program doesn't see ELM any more , its paired in my btooth settings ?????? i don't know

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi BAAS1ZN, congratulations on your new Samsung Tab 2 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get that pairing sorted out. Enjoy the forum and your new tablet.

Hawai

Jan 18, 2013
Hi BAAS1ZN,

I had the exact same problem , and literally by chance , i rooted my tablet, then bricked it somewhat, as the touch keyboard didn't want work anymore,
so i had to load the original "factory" image on the tablet to restore it, disabled updates, and Bob's ur uncle , it worked.. no more re-auth to the dongle..

the only thing is of course it you do that , and run the Samsung updates , it will start doing the re-auth again..

Hope it helps..

Link : http://www.geekyandroid.com/2012/09...p5100-firmwares-download-ics-4.0.3-4.0.4.html

Please note that the use of this info and regarding rooting is done at your own risk.. :)

Last edited: