Samsung Galaxy Tab Busts Into the Scene with Video

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
samsung-galaxy-tab-android-tablet.png

The new teaser video from Samsung dispels all the rumors and finally makes the new Galaxy Tab legit! Even better news is, it will come equipped with Android 2.2 and feature a 7-inch display, HD movie playback, Flash support, video calling, GPS navigation and an e-reader, just to name a few.

Make sure to clear your desk of any items that my be ruined by excessive drool before viewing the official tease video below!

Viddler.com - Samsung Galaxy Tab teaser - Uploaded by engadget

If you're as excited about the new Galaxy Tab as we are, then come on it and discuss this awesome new product with us here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/samsung-galaxy-tab-forum/

[Engadget]

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
I think the 7'' could be the sweet spot for people with smaller hands. In some positions the iPad is hard to type on and you have to "stretch" to reach some key strokes.

csapp96332

Aug 24, 2010
I saw the site and the specs. It only has a 7" screen. A bit smaller than I would have expected. Expecially since the Dell Streak is a 5" screen and the IPad is 9.7". I have a netbook with a 10" screen and it's still seems small to me for web browsing and emails.

scholzj

Aug 24, 2010
I hoped for the rumored 10" version. That would fit perfectly between my HTC Desire and regular notebook/desktop. 7" is not enough :-(.

lustfuljayb

Aug 23, 2010
I think the 7' is the sweet spot for a tablet. So versatile and opens the door to possibilities. I want one, I had decided on a clone, but if they don't take to long to hit the USA,I will for sure pre-order. I got money burning a hole in my pockets.

Snoopy

Jul 3, 2010
I got money burning a hole in my pockets.

I agree, I've been holding off on buying a quality Android Tablet. One of my big debates has been the 7"/10" battle (5" is definentally to small for me). and I think the 7" is currently winning out so this tablet seems to be just up my ally. I feel that if I keep waiting for the best tablet my price range can afford it could be months or years before I finally buy one because of the constant upgrades and knowledge of the next android os upgrade. can't wait to see how this one looks at launch!

JRogers1978

Aug 24, 2010
I hope this thing gets released soon! I'm in the market for a tablet since selling my iPod Touch. I got sick of Apple and iOS 4 is buggy as hell on the older hardware. I need something to fill the void for browsing the web and reading email. I was looking at the Cruz tablet but would rather go with the Samsung. I'm hoping it's not too much more than the Cruz though or my wife will kill me ;)

keri2000

Aug 31, 2010
I hope this thing gets released soon! I'm in the market for a tablet since selling my iPod Touch. I got sick of Apple and iOS 4 is buggy as hell on the older hardware. I need something to fill the void for browsing the web and reading email. I was looking at the Cruz tablet but would rather go with the Samsung. I'm hoping it's not too much more than the Cruz though or my wife will kill me ;)

I am in the same boat as you. I have made the decision that if the Galaxy Tab is more than $399 I just can't swing it. I went from the Nook to the Cruz Tablet pre-order and just can't justify the cost if it is too much. I have to remember why I want one and first and foremost is to read ebooks (with a backlit LCD screen). Hopefully the resolution on the Cruz won't ruin the reading experience....