Samsung Galaxy Tab CDMA or GSM or Wifi Only?

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Reading through all the rumors for the Galaxy Tab.. I haven't seen anything on a 3G or Wifi Only model.. Any thoughts on this? There was a rumor a while back Verizon would be the first US carrier to offer the tablet but haven't heard much recently.

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
I hope to be able to get one that hasn't been touched by ANY of the phone carriers, otherwise I'd just be me an off brand Android. But man that is very sweet, I'm sure it will be somewhat pricey as well.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I would be very surprised if this wasn't released for 3G at least, with some sort of subsidized plan like the iPad on AT&T. I'm not expecting a wifi only version to be high on the priority list because of how high end this device is, but we'll see. I really don't know.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't want it to be just a cheap alternative to the iPad. This beats the iPad in hardware specifications in every single field, except that it sports a 7" 800x480 display. Why should it be any cheaper?

Android does not have to play second-fiddle to the iPad. Android matches or even beats many of the iPad features.

fishy

Aug 2, 2010
The newest "leaks" this weekend had a label on it that said cdma so it sounds like it might be VZ bound.

Kinda bums me out since I really want to see if a TMO sim will work in any of these.

Oh well the waiting game continues.

Bruce

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
I would be fine with a Wi-Fi model because most of my use would be around the house. Besides if there is no wi-fi around that's what tethering is for :)

DroidUser84

Aug 23, 2010
I'm pretty sure there will be no wifi only model as I believe google requires 3G in the unit if they want it to officially access the Android Market with Google's blessing.

RemyL75

Jul 14, 2010
I would be fine with a Wi-Fi model because most of my use would be around the house. Besides if there is no wi-fi around that's what tethering is for :)

Yeah, so long as it's not ad-hoc tethering, then you're all good. Otherwise, you are gonna have problems.