Samsung Shares List of Their US Carrier Devices Scheduled to Get Ice Cream Sandwich

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
sgs2-and-ics-pic.png

Samsung just shared their list of devices for each U.S. carrier which are scheduled to receive the Ice Cream Sandwich update eventually. The only carrier that they didn't have any details about was T-Mobile, but they indicated that they are in communication with them and will share more information later. Here's the breakdown:

AT&T:
  • Galaxy S II (SGH-i777)
  • Galaxy S II Skyrocket (SGH-i727)
  • Galaxy Note (SGH-i717)
  • Captivate Glide (SGH-i927)
  • Nexus S (SGH-i9020A)
  • Galaxy Tab 8.9 (SGH-i957)
Sprint:
  • Nexus S 4G (SPH-d720) ICS Update is Available!
  • Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (SPH-d710)
Verizon:
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 (SCH-i905)
  • Galaxy Tab 7.7 (SCH-i815)
Wi-Fi:
  • Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi (P6210)
  • Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi (P7310)
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (P7510)
T-Mobile:
"We are in close communication with T-Mobile to ensure that eligible devices are upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the coming months and will provide updates as we have additional details to share."

Sound off if your device's "name was called."

Source: Samsung

Steve888

Sep 29, 2011
Last I heard it was the 1st qiarter this year. It is now the end of April and nothing! Why will they not commit to dates? Samsung too interested in new products and abandons loyal users. Should have gone with the IPAD!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What I don't understand is why are the carriers involved? Of course this has been ongoing for a while with the OEMs saying they have to make certain changes for the carriers and the carriers saying that they don't dictate to the OEMs. An OS update should be independent of the carrier except for maybe the coordination of an OTA update over the network since it will use the carriers airwaves. The easy way to make that less of an issue though is to push the update via wifi and allow a download of the file from a website. It is good to see the updates but can't Samsung make this available on their own and then supplement with a carrier OTA update?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have an infuse 4g att will I also get ice cream? Its a SGH-i777 model.

Are you sure about the model and name? In the chart posted SGH-i777 is the Galaxy SII which is being updated. If it is actually the Infuse SGH-i997 it doesn't look like it is included. You never know though it might also get an update.

sexbox

Apr 24, 2012
J515OP said:
Are you sure about the model and name? In the chart posted SGH-i777 is the Galaxy SII which is being updated. If it is actually the Infuse SGH-i997 it doesn't look like it is included. You never know though it might also get an update.

I checked on my settings under "about phone" it says that is my model number.. the infuse is the galaxy 2 just different body. same cpu and screen.