Screen flashes on/off after market install (MID7125-4G)

mister_hyde

Dec 24, 2011
So far, my searches for an answer have been disappointing. So here goes a new post.
I rooted using SuperOneCick and then installed market using TheKWA's method for MID7127. All is well, had to do the LCD Density trick for Market to work correctly.

This happens on two tablets, as I got each of my son's one. Even when I did not root it, I get the problem.

When I turn the screen off, after around 30seconds to a minute, the screen flashes on, then off after a few seconds. Then it repeats. The time that it comes back on is always different.

I hear alot of Kyros owners say they got the market working, especially 7125's, but don't hear anything about the screen on/off problem!!

Disavowed

Dec 21, 2011
Don't know if thirs will help, but I noticed the same thing with my new, unrooted stock 7127 before I installed market.
It still does it at least once every 30 minutes, maybe more but I don't notice. I read on anothser thread someone contacted
Coby and they were told it is a built-in function to remind the user the tablet is still on. Kind of an odd feature, but after a week, I'm used tox
it and kind of like it. I thought like others it was a result of adding market, but in my case it started within 24 of first use,abxout 3 days before
I installed market.

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I had the same thing before and after rooting my kyros. Was able to fix by uninstalling the phone.apk and telephony.apk using root uninstaller. Also installed advanced wifi lock free and now have no issues. It stays asleep like a good little tablet.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum