Screen Protector for the 7022?

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
I saw some other discussions on here about other Coby tablet screen protectors, but I didnt see anything here (or the net mind you) about a screen protector the the 7022. Anyone know if there is one available yet? Or maybe if another protector would work? Thanks everyone

0TechNinja0

Jul 22, 2011
Hi. I know a thing or two about screen protectors. I did some research and compared some sizes before deciding to buy the MonoPrice screen protectors originally for the Galaxy Tab.They are only $.34/each. I picked up 5 and they were delivered in two days. I assumed that they would be too big for the Kyros 7022, and as you can see in this picture, I was right.
$IMG_0644.jpg

But after 5 minutes with a razor blade, straight edge & a corner cutter, It fits like a champ. You can see it in this picture.
$IMG_0646.jpg

0TechNinja0

Jul 22, 2011
Viewable display size: 154 mm x 87 mm (6.063 in x 3.425 in )

Screen Protector size: 171 mm x 113 mm (6.732 in x 4.449 in)

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
Thanks for the info Ninja, I just ordered mine. I didn't realize monoprice had screen protectors and cases. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle...

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I also ordered some screen protectors to try out. I still have the one that came on the tablet but its got a bunch of bubbles

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Since this is a capacitive touch screen with plexiglass I just clean it with water or alcohol or windex.

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Looks like the price went up to $1.33 each. Are they still worth it otech?
Hi. I know a thing or two about screen protectors. I did some research and compared some sizes before deciding to buy the MonoPrice screen protectors originally for the Galaxy Tab.They are only $.34/each. I picked up 5 and they were delivered in two days. I assumed that they would be too big for the Kyros 7022, and as you can see in this picture, I was right.
View attachment 3301

But after 5 minutes with a razor blade, straight edge & a corner cutter, It fits like a champ. You can see it in this picture.
View attachment 3302

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Looks like the price went up to $1.33 each. Are they still worth it otech?

Thats weird I paid 53 cents on 8/22/2011. Yes they are worth it I bought 2 transparency and 2 matte ones but I am still on my first transparency one because they work really well. It hasn't bubbled or peeled and does a great job.

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Awesome NBA thank you! I ended getting them both. Did you try the Matte and if so how did you like it?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Did you get your screen protectors?

No I havent installed the matte protector yet I am probably going to try it this week though becuase I want something new and maybe to try and do a better job at cutting out the protector.

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Hi NBA!

I got them yesterday, but have not put them on yet. Did you have trouble with bubbles when you put it on?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Hi NBA!

I got them yesterday, but have not put them on yet. Did you have trouble with bubbles when you put it on?

Hey sorry I never saw the response

I just put on the matte protect and love not having finger prints. Although matte does degrade screen quality a little but worth it to me not having to see my fingerprints everywhere on low brightness setting.

Did you ever apply your protectors? I only had trouble with bubbles on the very edges of the protector which do not cover the actual lcd just the glass. Although I just made sure screen was completely dust free before applying and used credit card to smooth out bubbles before removing the protection film on top of protector

edit: After using it for a few minutes and playing games with matte protector I regret not applying this the entire time! So much better not having annoying glare while using the tablet!

Last edited: