Screen rotation issue

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
My screen seems to be locked in the portrait position. If the app requires landscape, it forces it, but otherwise it's portrait. This is generally ok as most of what I want to do is portrait ... but it's not right.

This was happening prior to the 3.1 update ... and I had hoped the 3.1 would fix it. I was wrong. :(

Yes, the screen lock button is 'off' (not red). Yes, I've tried pushing it to red just to see.

Any other ideas?

EDIT:

Hrmmmm ... rebooted (for the third time since the update), opened a bunch of applications (to test the scrolling open app list) and it magically started working again ...

Last edited:

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
You use portrait mode most of the time?

Yeah, most of the puzzles/games I like force portrait. I almost prefer internet browsing in portrait mode as well (I can see more of the page).

Yes, I'm weird, it's a known fact! ;-)

scarletkarma

Oct 12, 2011
i had this same issue until i realized there is a screen lock option, well little switch-like thingy on the left side abive the volume.... being this post is old i know u figured it out by now but.... lol

spexwood

May 11, 2011
My screen seems to be locked in the portrait position. If the app requires landscape, it forces it, but otherwise it's portrait. This is generally ok as most of what I want to do is portrait ... but it's not right.

This was happening prior to the 3.1 update ... and I had hoped the 3.1 would fix it. I was wrong. :(

Yes, the screen lock button is 'off' (not red). Yes, I've tried pushing it to red just to see.

Any other ideas?

EDIT:

Hrmmmm ... rebooted (for the third time since the update), opened a bunch of applications (to test the scrolling open app list) and it magically started working again ...

I'm glad you got the problem fixed. It must have just been a system error or something.
For future reference, when something suddenly begins acting weird on the tablet start by restarting and if that doesn't work and its a serious issue, try a factory reset. If those don't work, then its something more serious :(

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Kyser_Soze

May 17, 2013
i had this same issue until i realized there is a screen lock option, well little switch-like thingy on the left side abive the volume.... being this post is old i know u figured it out by now but.... lol

I must have hit that switch accidently. Until I read your post, I thought my tablet was busted!! I thought the switch locked the volume, not the screen. Now I know. Thanks!