sd card not being read

mumof4girlz

Feb 18, 2012
my husband bought me this tablet which arrived yesterday, when he bought it it came with a 32gb sd card, but when its put in it does not register that a card has even been put in, its the c91 with the lastest 4.0 with ice-cream sandwhich (im not techi at all, so not sure what all that means i hope you do, have you any ideas? its not the sd card that is faulty i have tried a 2gb card and also a 1gb card and none of them are being achknowledged..............please please help :)

mumof4girlz

Feb 18, 2012
hi, thanks for quick reply, ive just tried that, it does say mount sd card, but its in grey, it wont do anything when pressed :-s

J

jimbo7630

If it is greyed out it is non operative, try removing the SD card and re-inserting, also try removing the card and switching off before re-inserting and also inserting the card when switched off then doing the Settings thing to see if you can mount it.

mumof4girlz

Feb 18, 2012
ha ha oh dear well i feel a fool, the most basic fix, turn it off and on again, wish id thought about that before stressing fro the past 36 hors that we had been sent a dodgy tablet thanks soooo much :D

J

jimbo7630

We all feel kinda foolish, WHEN WE KNOW THE ANSWER! glad it worked!!

TabletN00b

Aug 30, 2012
Hey jimbo, I am having the same problem, and have tried all your solutions, when I go into settings, it comes up that settings has stopped, my music simply comes up with "there has been an error" and then shows up with 3 songs that came with the tablet,
I am very confused.
If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated,
Thanks

milne

Apr 23, 2014
i am having the same problem. settings works on everything but when i hit storage it stops. in file manager storage/sdcard i get the message 'Directory is read banned'. i have checked the sd card, it works fine in the PC and tried another. I see there has been no reply yet, so is this problem unsolvable.?

legoboy678

Jul 25, 2016
I had that problem earlier today... when i turned my tablet on it said the SD card was damaged so i took it out and blew on it but it wouldn't read it so this post has been helpful to me