Seeking Info about 8 inch capacitive touch screen tablets

heron61

Feb 5, 2011
I'm looking for a tablet, and don't want something as big as an ipad or a 10.1" tablet and while I love the look and feel of the Nook Color, it's simply too small for reading A4 sized (8.5" x 11") PDFs, which is one of the things I want to do with a tablet. An 8 inch 4:3 screen looks to be ideal - big enough to see what I'm reading, but small enough to be easily portable. I'm looking for a tablet for ebook & PDF reading, web browsing, email, music playing, and photo viewing.

My ideal tablet has an 8 inch capacitive screen that has a resolution of at least 800x600 (preferably higher), and I'd also prefer at least 512 MB RAM, and at least Android 2.2. WiFi only is fine, and in fact preferred. I know about the Vizio 8 inch tablet, which looks to be excellent, but won't be out for many months, and the Cruz P38 tablet, which may suck, given what I've heard about their current tablets. Are any other similar tablets that are either out now or soon to be released?

cider101

Jan 17, 2011
there is a rockchip rk2818 based tablet (called M2) available whitch matches your spec. Just be aware, it won't play flash due to the rk2818 chip! Official price is somewhere close to 300$ but i have seen it for as low as 150$ (just can't remeber where ;) )