SetCPU To Overclock Processor

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I used setCPU which can be found in the marketplace and on XDA forums, basically it allows you to custom Over-clock any android device processor.

All attempts to change processor speed or alter it in any way have slowed down the device considerably, easily fixed again by a simple reboot.

So far all attempts to Overclock have failed, at least with this application:confused:. Anyone else have luck elsewhere?

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I've also tried to no avail... I have check a few cpu apps but so far appkiller has help speed things up but can.t go passed 720mhs... I've ran quadrant and was first below the speed of the magic? but with some teaks I scored about it at 283... I think without a custom rom it can't be done.... hopfully we get one.

Ish

Jan 18, 2011
How were you able to get to 700? I can only get up to 500 with set CPU.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
You have to have a setCpu text file on your sd card that gives the frequency range..I copied the one from the Augen wiki site and edited the values.. I don't have my tablet or i'd pull the numbers... it's just a plain text file... but it'll allow setCPU clock to 660mhz and then you can at least scale the processor to use the profiles settings in setCPU.... I'll post them later...

Here's the text from the augen wiki... it's just a plain text file.. you can make one with notepad in windows and copy it to the sd card has to be called "setcpu.txt" and needs nothing but the number strings and comas....

I think i changed the values to this.....

even though i gave the value to 720mhz the processor wouldn't go past 660mhz... :( YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TEXT FILE WITH THIS IFO OR A SCALED RANGE SIMILAR TO IT ON THE SDCARD no directory just on the card's main directorythen in setcpu app hit the menu button then "select device" and scroll to the bottom of the list and select "custom...."after this the app will function and no tkeep the device throttled down to 500mhz plus you can utilize the profiles utility to curb the cpu ussage in situation sliek where your battery is going dead and it'll slow down the cpu clocking to extend battery life or scale back the processor when the screeen is off.. helps extend the batt life also... play with it you'll fuigure it out

can anyone confirm that this thing is actually running at 800mhz like the box said on the stock rom?

Last edited:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
You can't as far as I can tell. It's clocked at 720 and from what I looked up, you need a hernel to do this... What is sad is the Nook is pushing over 1ghz and its a 800mhz chip lol... I know its not the same chip but still...

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
Using setcpu the fastest the processor will go is 660mhz. So, I don't think Its even pushing 720mhz.

I hope this gets unlocked so we can at least get it up to 720mhz.

bullitt6996

Aug 24, 2010
As with the Android Phones, it's really going to boil down to some droid ninjas figuring out the problem and developing an app or hack for it, all we can do is wait. SetCPU was designed with the phones in mind, so down the road we should see something better in the shape of an App or ROM with a decent overclock built in.