sharing from pc

88rizer

Aug 24, 2012
I have the asus tf700 and would like to share files from my laptop. Ican share media files but cant share .txt .xls. .doc type files, any help will be appreciated . Tks

p.s. my laptop is running Windows 7

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

When you say "share" you didn't say how you were sharing. If you have a share folder on your laptop most of the file managers should be able to see everything in that share across your network. I;m not certain what you may be missing.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, you should be able to share all file types. As leeshor pointed out more information about what you are trying to do would be helpful. You also have the option of cloud storage and could use something like dropbox to share your files with multiple devices and even on the go.

88rizer

Aug 24, 2012
i have files on my laptop that I am sharing but not in a shared directory, they are all using my home network, on my desktop I just go to my network and pick the other device and all shared files come up.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The problem may be the file manager you are using. Install ES File Explorer, tap on net then the spyglass to find the system. Tap on the system and it should display your shares or ask for a user name and password (first).

TheMarkster

Dec 12, 2012
I use AndSMB for wirelessly transferring files between my tablet and my pc. Ghost Commander with the SMB plugin will also work.

Also, Fing is a useful app for getting the IP addresses of the pc's on the network.

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I am tyring to share .doc .exe..xls files

A CIFS/SAMBA Share would be best however it appears this sort of method would be better for your tech level.

Install box or dropbox one or the other, then add the same to your device, place files on desktop in dropbox folder and enjoy.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I am tyring to share .doc .exe..xls files

The EXE files would be out of the question. They are Windows executable filles and not for Android You could also take a look at the link I have below that discuses cut/copy/paste files to and from your tablet.