[Solved] PC Sharing

jerryferreira

Jun 15, 2013
Didn't know where else to post, so here goes.

I've successfully shared a few folders on my Windows 8 PC to have access with my Asus tablet. As of right now, the NTFS permission on those folders is 'Everyone'. I'd like to know if I can set up a special group in Windows that recognizes me on my tablet other than using 'Everyone'. There is a PC that shares my wireless network that I don't want to have access to my PC's shared folders.

Does Android have groups similar to Windows?
If so, can Windows recognize them?

Thanks!
Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no groups like Windows, but you should be able to share those folders without using that nuclear option. If you have a user name and password you can deleted the other users on the share and use only that user name on it. I do that and it works so it should also work for you. Or if your user has admin attached as a group for yiour use name you shoud be able to do the same thing by leaving administrator there and nothing else assuming admin has proper permissions attached to it.

I applied a password to my Windows account, turned on password protected sharing, removed 'Everyone' group---then added 'Jerry' user on the PC's folder sharing permissions. Works like a charm!

Thanks again!!!

Back